Favourited 127 times
My name is Tizia, I am a 28 years old German and I have lived in beautiful Tanzania for more than six years. Together with my Tanzanian husband, I run a hostel in Arusha. Most of our guests are short-term guests since they start Safari-and Hiking Trips from here. We also arrange those trips for our guests. Our hostel is located in the north of Arusha, at the slopes of beautiful Mt. Meru.
Additionally to our hostel we founded an NGO to support local projects with volunteers and interns from abroad.
They also stay at our hostel, so it's always busy at our place! Staying with us will give you an inside in Tanzanian culture as well as running a hostel and an NGO.
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
You live together with our German-Tanzanian family and in you are in daily contact with the locals we work with.
We are happy to arrange any of the following trips for you:
- Mt. Kilimanjaro & Mt. Meru hikes
- Maasai village & market trips
- Chemka Hot Springs (crystal clear water, a must!)
- Coffee tour of local plantations
- Waterfall day trips and hiking
- Swahili lessons
- Local cooking classes
- Lake Duluti & forest walks
- And all the incredible safari's available in Tanzania!
Tanzania, and Arusha, are incredible places steeped in culture and beauty - don't miss out on some of the coolest sights in Africa!
Thank you very much for considering supporting us.
We have some exciting work for you!
My Tanzanian husband and I run this NGO for volunteering and internships. We are always looking for open-minded people who can help us in the following fields:
- SEO and SEM
- Taking pictures and videos (and editing as well) of our volunteers and projects
- Training our staff in working in the fields of guest relation and computer work
- Helping us running our social media, e.g. improving our Instagram and Facebook performance
Furthermore you are always welcome to bring in your own ideas as we value them a lot!
German, English, Kisuaheli
In most cases we can provide accommodation in a private room.
In some cases we might request you to share a room with people of the same gender.
Most days we can provide three meals a day.
The Area has a lot to offer. Safaris and Mountain Climbing, Hiking Tours: Waterfalls, hot springs, forests and Lake Duluti), Cultural Tour: Maasai Market & villages
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: