Favourited 2263 times
This is an events/training retreat centre nestled in a forested area in the South-West coast of Portugal. Only 15 minutes away from award-winning beaches and offering beautiful vistas, we are proud to be ranked one of the Top 5 hosts for group retreats in Portugal. We welcome national and international guests on a rolling basis from March to December. Trainings range from yoga and meditation retreats to clown workshops.
Our centre differs from a traditional hotel space in that our facilities were inspired by permaculture and sustainable principles and we aim to develop a shared space of exchange and communal participation. In this context, we welcome volunteers to help us maintain our day-to-day operations and to generate a space of learning (through interaction, research, doing/practice), creation (different kinds of projects) and transformation (of oneself, peers and our environment).
Volunteers enjoy their own camp and communal facilities (kitchen, living room, dry toilets and solar-powered showers) in a beautiful part of the property. We offer 3 vegan meals a day, one cooked and two self-catered, and the occasional pizza night, where we make and bake our own pizzas in our historic outdoor oven! We hold open lectures in various topics, yoga class every day, and we are keen to tackle a number of environmental projects.
Volunteers have access to most spaces with the simple caveat that our paying guests and retreat participants must be fully respected at all times and certain areas are not always available when groups have sessions and activities. Otherwise there are many times when we can all enjoy the bio-pool, meditation temple and other facilities.
In return for this, we ask for 5 hours-a-day, 5 days-per-week of hospitality-type work – cleaning, assisting in the kitchen, gardening, maintenance/handy-man jobs, and other related tasks. We accept volunteers over the age of 25, for a minimum period of 3 weeks.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Depending on the time of the year they'll come and on the current projects during their stay, volunteers may learn about organic gardening, wood-construction or vegan cooking.
We are looking for:
- Volunteers with experience in organic gardening: we plan to set up an automatized watering system. In the meantime, we need help for daily manual watering, seedling, planting, weeding and taking care of our chickens.
- Handy volunteers with skills in wood work, bio-construction, electricity, general maintenance.
- Volunteers yoga and meditation training, as well as other practices (aerial silks, martial arts, etc.). willing to share their knowledge with the volunteers.
- Volunteers who can cook vegan food for the volunteer team
- Volunteers with knowledge in environmental studies and/or practical experience in related fields: to develop projects focused on environmental management and sustainability.
Some important points :
1) We value friendly and constructive communication where we can both create a win-win relationship.
2) We ask for volunteers to be at least 25 years old.
3) We are a spiritual/ecological retreat center striving for sustainability, so we are looking for volunteers who share similar aspirations. Please bring ONLY ECOLOGICAL SOAPS & BODY PRODUCTS!
4) We are interested in longer stays from those into organic growing, permaculture, carpentry and natural building.
5) As a retreats center is a non-smoking zone, we are looking for non-smoking volunteers.
Please note we need responsible, committed, proactive, hard-working persons who want to help us. In exchange we offer a beautiful place to stay, healthy food, and the opportunity for learning and sharing.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Portuguese, English, German and Dutch
- From April to November, we open the volunteers camp with tents, outdoor kitchen, outdoor eco-shower, dry toilet and indoor community showers.
- We can accommodate caravans and motor homes (please explain your needs in your communication).
We have amazing beaches around, as well as nature landscapes to explore.
The village (São Teotónio) is at 3 km away.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Accuracy of profile: