Our public school is looking for Workawayers from English Speaking states to help teach our students the English Language.
Help with Computers/ Internet
BENEFITS & CULTURAL EXCHANGE
1. IDUKKI district in kerala is truly the ultimate getaway into the tranquil realms of pristine nature.
2. Our school is located away from the hustle bustle of a town and surrounded by beautiful natural landscape.
3. Climate is pleasant round the year with un-polluted air, water & surroundings.
4. School is surrounded by Villages cultivating SPICES like Cardamom, Black Pepper, Clove, Nutmeg, coffee etc.
5. Workawayers can learn a lot about our system of education, culture, food, agriculture and many more.
6. You can also play Basket ball, Football, Cricket etc after school hours in the school ground if interested.
7. Nearest tourist destination "Ramakkalmedu" is just 5 kms away from the school.
8. School is ideally located between MUNNAR & THEKKADY (Nearly 35 km to Thekkady & 60 km to Munnar)
9. Nearest state of TAMILNADU is just 25 km from the school.
If you are looking for a place to relax, we think you are in the right place.
We are located in the IDUKKI district of KERALA in INDIA.
This institution is established and managed by The Sisters of the Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament (S.A.B.S) of Jaimatha Province Idukki. Our school with 1600 plus students and 80 plus faculty base is one of the prominent school in the district.
TYPE OF HELP & STAY DURATION
1. Teach students (K-12) English Speaking Skill whenever you are substituted in a CLASS ROOM.
2. General office help including computer typing help in school office if you are free from CLASS ROOM assignments.
3. Helping days are from Monday to Friday and occassionally on saturdays.
4. Maximum hours of help is 4 hours starting from 9.15 am till 3.30 pm.
5. You will be given a chair either in STAFF ROOM or SCHOOL OFFICE ROOM.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Once your temporary stay is approved by the school, you will be given with the CLASS ROOM & OFFICE ROOM assignments for a week period and your continued stay will be approved only if the school is satisfied with your performance.
2. As it is a school, continued service is very essential and we are not able to approve your stay if your stay duration is less than 3 months.
3. Kindly do not apply for the STAY if you do not posess the skill of teaching students "English Speaking" & the skill of "Class Room Management".
4. Once your stay is approved by the school, you are entitled to follow school rules & regulations including DRESS CODE.
1. Ladies can be accommodated in SISTER'S CONVENT (Maximum 2 person)
2. Gents can be accommodated in School Guest Room (Maximum 2 person)
3. Both accommodation facilities are twin or triple sharing basis with common Bathroom & Toilet facility
4. A mix of both Veg & Non-veg food will be served for the workawayers for a maximum of 3 times a day (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Kindly respect the culture of local people
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week