LAST UPDATE: UNFORTUNATELY, DUE TO SITUATION ABOUT COVID-19 WE ARE FORCED TO POSTPONE THE PROGRAM UNTILL THE APPEAL.
UPDATE (12th December): Application process is closed, we have full all spots for workawayers for this season. If you are still interested in coming, you can still send us a message with dates, when you are able to come and if we need more volunterers we will contact you :) thank you very much for your interest and wish u all a great winter!
UPDATE (9th Nov102019) : Applications for winter 2019/2020 ARE OPENED FROM TODAY! Feel free to send us a message about your stay :)
UPDATE (1st Nov 2019): Applications for winter 2019/2020 will be opened from 17th October to 17th November. Season usually starts in the second half of December- we are planning to welcome first workawayers around 17th December. If you are interested, send us a message to obtain more details about your stay!
We are running ski resorts in Slovakian mountains- High and Low Tatras.
Oy ski resort is the biggest and the most modern ski area in Slovak republic, lying at the end of the Demanovská valley. Demanovska Valley is the most famous and most visited valley of the Low Tatras. It is 15 km long and is the main tourist center in the northern part of the Low Tatras. The ski area has a greater number of approved downhill tracks, where World Cup, European Cup, World Junior Championships,have been successfully organized. We have been awarded numerous foreign prizes; it offers skiing on 49 km of skiing tracks, various events, top-class cable cars and chairlifts, gourmet gastronomy, high-quality acomodation in 4*️️ hotels and magnificent mountain nature.
In the High Tatras, there are resorts in Tatranská Lomnica, the Starý Smokovec and the location Štrbské Pleso. In winter, High Tatras are the top destination which offers very good snow conditions on 24 kms of downhill ski tracks.
We also cooperates with Slovakia´s biggest waterpark – Aquapark Tatrandia open all the year round, located in Liptov region, in the area of numerous cultural and historical sights and landmarks with its typical folklore tradition. The Aquapark Tatralandia offers adventure and fun in 10 all the year round open swimming pools, 6 spiral chutes, tropical climate under real palms of the roofed premises of Tropical Paradise, surfing on induced waves, all the year round 30+ temperatures, swimming pools with saltwatwer, fresh and thermal water. Visitors can relax in large area of the Celtic sauna world where they can find 21 steam, water and massage spas and treatments. The cooperation with aquapark allows us to give this perfect benefit for your workawayers for free!
Babysitting and creative play
- meeting people from different nationalities, finding friends from other countries, contribution to multicultural society
- improving language skills
- self- improvement, acquiring new skills and knowledge,
- work in international teams, establishment of professional contacts
- cultural exchange and learning opportunities
- cultural understanding and enrichment
- interesting activities, skiing, mountaineering, climbing
- working and living in beautiful nature of most beautiful Slovak national parks
- meeting tourists from Slovakia, Russia, Germany, Poland, Netherlands, Czech Republic and England, sharing experience from traveling
- possibility of beautiful excursions and the exploration of the surrounding region (Capital city of Slovakia- Bratislava is 3 hours away by train).
Free meals (3 per day),
Free seasonal liftpass,
Free seasonal aquapass,
Discounted rental of ski equipment if needed (if you have your own, please take it with you)
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
This host offers accommodation and payment.
Host has indicated that they will pay at least the minimum hourly wage of their country for each hour worked and that accommodation will also be provided. They are asking for help with a business or business activity. Contact the host directly via the site messenger for more information and details about the wage provided. Any arrangements should be agreed in advance with your host.
A lot of auxiliary and undemanding works all around the ski resort, from which you can choose what suits you the best.
- raising awareness and alerting on the slopes, informing visitors of the resort (skiers, skiers, tourists) - work on skis
- providing up-to-date information about events in the resort - skiing
- assistance and help for skiers
- monitoring and checking the conditions of the slopes during the day- work on skis
- monitoring and reporting of sudden changes in weather conditions in the resort- work on skis
- reporting changes in snow conditions- work on skis
- control and maintenance on slopes (garbage)- work on skis
- help with organization of cableways- work on skis
Help for foreign clients at the lifts or helping out in the kindergarden.
Help with ski patrol in resorts and assists with communication with foreign tourist, helping to protect nature.
Help with foreign clients in restaurants, support communications, help in the gastro facilities or in the bar.
Accommodation is in accommodation facilities in the resorts. High tatras: 1-2 beds in a room, Low tatras: 2-4 beds in a room. Most of the facilities are within 5- 10 minutes walking to ski bus stop, which are free to take you to working place and to chairlifts.
On free time
WINTER SEASON (December - April)
- skiing and snowboarding with free season ski pass, hiking and cross country skiing in surrounding of High and Low Tatras mountains,
- free enjoying of other activities town has to offer - sledging, ice skating, night skiing, free ski bus transportation around the town,
- possiblity of sledging slopes, climbing ice-wall and snowtubing,
- FREE ACESS to aquapark Tatralandia anytime (14 swimming pools with sea, thermal, and clear water, 26 toboggans and waterslides, 21 steam, water, and massage baths, saunas, and procedures, Tropical Paradise, Wellness Paradise)
- access to multifunctional sport Aréna "Liptov" (tennis, squash, gym, badminton, voleyball)
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: