We are a new hostel, situated in the heart of the backwaters of Alleppey, Kerala. The hostel has been built in the style of traditional Kerala architecture, which means there are three floors, modern private rooms, fully-equipped dorms, a large courtyard, a table tennis table, a library, a yoga studio and most importantly a great vibe to meet new people, have some fun playing games or a great relaxing base to explore all the Alleppey has to offer.
As a new start up, we are looking for all kinds of skills. Are you energetic and creative, with fresh ideas? We are looking for individuals who are ready to share their experiences and talents, to create an atmosphere at our hostel where guests can have the best time possible.
Our aim is to make this hostel as good (and even better :) ) as our flagship hostel that is situated in Goa, which has been featured in MTV Travel UK under the best backpackers hostels in the world for under 20GBP; as well as the top pick to stay in your Indian backpacking trip by the Huffington Post.
So we are looking for volunteers to help with working the reception desk, general cleaning, and guest interaction and tours; anyone artistic people, who are able to brighten up our walls and corridors with some murals; an experienced yoga teacher, or someone with similar skills (meditation/musicians/alternative healing etc.) who will be able to run programs for guests; a photographer or videographer that is able to create content for our social media accounts; and someone with experience with general maintenance and construction.
Got any different skills that could help improve our hostel or guests' experiences? Contact us and let us know how you can make a difference. We are looking forward to meeting and working with you
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
We are situated right on the backwaters, and you can take a canoe or houseboat trip through the rivers and canals to experience local life on the water, and taste the local cuisine. 5km from Alleppey beach, you can get local fish curries from the rivers, as well as the sea, and a must try. Local festivals happen at temples around the year, with Onam being the biggest, and celebrated throughout Kerala in September. The annual snake boat race takes place in August.
Let us know what skills you have, and how you can help making our hostel a great place for travelers to stay. Volunteers will be required to work for 5 hours a day, 5 days a week. Minimum stay is 2 weeks. We will provide you with accommodation, free breakfast and lunch, and be able to take part in all the activities that happen in the hostel at no charge.
1. Help on the reception desk, general cleaning, and guest interaction and tours: You will help with check-in and check-out, answer any guests from guests about what to do in the area, interact with guests in the evening to create a fun atmosphere, whether its playing cards, or table tennis, or music, or any new idea you may have. Guide guests on backwater tours and tours around Alleppey's sights.
2. Artists. We are looking for people with artistic talents, who are able to paint murals, decorate corridors and create craft making workshops that guests can take part in, to brighten up and enhance our hostel
3. An experienced yoga teacher, or someone with similar skills (meditation/musicians/alternative healing etc.) who will be able to run programs for guests in the mornings and evenings.
4. A photographer or videographer that is able to create content for our social media accounts, post pictures or videos of highlights of what is happening in and around the hostel, to improve outreach, marketing and appeal of the property.
5. Help with experience with general maintenance and construction, for making improvements to the property. We are looking for help and ideas of how to enhance the property's facilities
English, Malayalam, Tamil
A bed in a shared dorm.
Volunteers will be required to work for 5 hours a day, 5 days a week. Minimum stay is 2 weeks.
We will provide you with free accommodation in volunteers dorm and free breakfast.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
5 hours a day, 5 days a week