Favourited 434 times
Visitors and volunteers are warmly welcome without condition!
Tanzania First Country to Welcome all Tourists again with open arms
The Tanzanian president said that Covid-19 infections in the country has gone down tremendously, and was looking to welcome tourists to visit Tanzania unconditionally. “I have directed the Ministry of Tourism to attract airline companies to fly their tourists and passengers scheduled planes to Tanzania with immediate effect”, Magufuli said.
EARLY DESCRIPTION: WE STILL NEED YOUR HELP ?
In 2019 the organization managed to build two classrooms in the suburbs of Arusha to be able to reach the goal of raising awareness to the power of education to the community as well as helping vulnerable children and youths in Tanzania. So far on this site there is nothing apart from the new school building.
As we mentioned earlier that we have already completed two new classrooms in one building and toilets, but we still need to complete solar cells, building school compound fence, Kitchen, Volunteer house, other classrooms, computer lab and library.
The funds are simply not there. Our children and neighbourhoods wait for our school to be ready to operate and we will provide them a safe place and a second chance to learn comfortably.
Without facilities and supplies, the children in Arusha have little hope of getting a quality education, proper education foundation and escaping a hard life. We want to change that and that is why we are working on a big dream by having a best school that's built for vulnerable children and youths.
No previous experience needed !
We are looking for people for the following fields;
- People who can help us building a school for disadvantaged children and youths in Arusha - Tanzania. /No Previous Experiences Needed.
- People who can help us in creating a fundraising campaign for the project and promoting on social media.
WHO ARE WE ?
We are two old local Tanzanians namely Mary and Steven together.
We are running a volunteering and education operations programs in Arusha, Tanzania.
We founded a small dynamic educational based non-profit organization with aid programs that provide education opportunities and community support programs to help locals, unprivileged children and women in the least developed areas of Arusha, Tanzania.
Most of our volunteers are short-term and long term volunteers, who join us in their vacation and volunteering time and they start joining us in volunteering programs, doing Safari or Hiking Trips from here. We are looking for volunteers who can help our construction projects and help with teaching unprivileged children. We can also arrange some trips for our volunteers. Our programs are located in Arusha at the slopes of remarkable Mt. Meru in Northern Tanzania.
So it’s always busy at our place. Staying with us will give you an inside Tanzanian culture as well as experiencing new volunteering life as well as help trustworthy NGO with current projects at our new future field.
We welcome volunteers from abroad. They also stay at our locals families and share culture and life experience.
Please join us to see the really life of people and share your knowledge.
We are working a big dreams! don't hesitate to join us now.
DIY and building projects
Babysitting and creative play
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help with Eco Projects
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
As you live together with Tanzanian families, you will be in a daily contact with the locals and work with us together and experience our real life and culture.
It is possible to learn different cultural behavior including cooking, dressing e.t.c in our area of Arusha. You can also take Swahili classes.
We can teach/show you how to cook Tanzanian Food.
We can put you in contact with a reputable tailor to get quality Tanzanian clothes.
We can call for you a hairdresser, if you are interested in braiding your hair.
We can go out and do sports like football, rugby or netball, which are the most popular sport activities in our area. Also we like to watch sports and talk about it.
We will enjoy the nightlife together on weekends to see bars, live music and clubs.
We will tell you the real prices for buses/ minibuses, tuk-tuk (bajaji in swahili), motorcycle (Toyo in swahili), fruits, vegetables, souvenirs, so you pay the fair price every time (bargaining is a must in Tanzania!), we let you avoid muzungu prices in Tanzania.
We have some exciting work to share and we are looking forward to welcome open minded people to volunteer and help us in the following fields:
1. Teaching English, French, Spanish, German and other subjects for example Biology, Physics, Geography, Mathematics as well as communication skills, psychology, computer skills in microsoft offices, photoshops, graphics and etc
- Even if you have no teaching experience you can work with one of our experienced teachers or take on some classes by yourself.
- During most of the year we have a pre-school group (aged 3-6) that could use a native English speaker and a young adult class that can use help with job preparation and English language learning.
- In September to December you can help with our Pre-form students (aged 13-14) to learn English and get ready for secondary school by teaching other academic courses.
2. Web developing, graphics design and programming.
We are looking for anyone who has an idea of improving the development of our website or designing webpages on website of our organization as well as expert in graphics, photography and designing.
3. Help with social media and marketing (taking pictures and videos editing with your own camera)
- Help us spread the word to friends, family, colleagues or other society members via facebook, instagram and emails (any social network), so that we can reach as many people as possible and get more likes, shares, comments and reviews or donation in order to raise awareness of education and reach out our goals.
- Help us connect our organization with other international organisations in order to collaborate and to help us build our dreams come true by supporting our building programme.
5. Helping in building classrooms, computer lab and Library.
- We need volunteers who aren’t afraid of getting dirty hands by helping us in building and construction in general. As a plus you can help with building interior equipment like bookshelves or useful things.
- Other facilities and supplies for the school are needed, These includes furnitures, textbooks, laptops or computers, camera or binoculars, office chairs, office tables, printers e.t.c.
6. Fundraising campaigns
- We are looking for people who are willing to organise a fundraising for our project.
7. Workshops in health class, sexual education and menstrual hygiene.
- Help out by conducting workshop to school drop out girls, young women and youth who faces a great challenges of lacking awareness on health issues and sanitary resources which leads to school drop outs, poor performance, lack of job opportunity, early marriage, unwanted pregnant and poverty in general.
8. Give a financial donation and encourage your friends, colleagues, co-workers to our organization a favourite charity.
- If your employer or organization offers a matching gift program, double or triple your donation.
We will appreciate and thank very much for considering any way you can support our work. Furthermore you are always welcome to bring in your own ideas as we value them a lot.
Swahili (Kiswahili): Fluent
We provide accommodation in a single shared and private rooms and all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), in Arusha at our volunteer house, but lunch and dinner on the weekends are not compulsory.
We have no Wi-Fi, but we can help you get a local sim card so that you purchase own data with good network signal.
Once you arrive to our organisation in Arusha, you will live and work with us in Sinoni Area.
Tanzania has a lot to offer to volunteers, tourists and travelers around the world.
We will be happy to help you arrange any of the following trips at cheapest and transparent budget.
- Organizing camping safaris to all incredible safaris in Tanzania National Parks like Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Tarangire, Lake Manyara etc.
- Hiking to Mt. Kilimanjaro and Mt. Meru.
- Trip to Chemka Hotsprings
- Trip to Maasai Village and visit local areas.
- Trip to Coffee tours to local plantations
- Trip to waterfalls in Arusha and Moshi Regions
- Hikes to Usambara mountains
- Trip to Lake duluti, forest walks and canoe rides
- Zanzibar Beaches Experience
- Town Tours and visiting meserani snake park
How to reach us?
Just book your flights to Kilimanjaro Airport (KIA), then take a taxi to Arusha ( it is just 1:30 hours ). We can also arrange a pick up for you on arrival/departure.
If you are going to land in Dare-salaam Airport, you can take local bus transportation to Arusha or book your flight to Kilimanjaro/Arusha Airport.
Those who are in Zanzibar can also take a flight to Arusha Airport and note that in both places, we can arrange a pick up at any time.
Tanzania is unforgettable and remarkable memory, incredible places steeped in culture and beauty - don't miss out on the beautiful natures and sights in Africa!
Come and Make a Difference!
We will welcome you with heartfelt gratitude and are more than happy to help you with everything and assist you exploring the wonderful way of living in Tanzania.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: