Favourited 56 times
Fohuso is Non profit non government organization located in Mwanza Tanzania with a vision of Empowering community to achieve their goals through Education, Economic Empowerment, social life skills and entrepreneurship skills.
Through community sustainable travel we intend to reach our vision and directly Empower our community by creating a direct link between our community and foreign visitors (Tourists | Volunteers | Researchers) who can also be potential investors or Donors and help our community thrive Socially and Economically.
Our organization has 5 employed staff members as elaborated below:
1. Managing Director: Responsible for overlooking all projects and organization activities
2. Project Manager: Responsible for handling all project related tasks and overlooking there development
3. Volunteer Co ordinator: Responsible for assigning job descriptions, volunteer overlooking and all volunteering related matters in Mwanza
4. IT expert: Responsible for graphics, web and content designing also running social meadia pages of our organization
5. Caretaker: Responsible for taking care of volunteers in the accomodation area
all our volunteers will be provided with accommodation and meals in exchange for their help and without being asked for any payment
Help with Eco Projects
DIY and building projects
Help with Computers/ Internet
Travellers will benefit by learning and understanding different cultures found in mwanza tanzania
Our language swahili will also be taught to travellers as part of this exchange
Travellers will learn about our foods and how we prepare it
Travellers will also be offered cultural tourism and have a chance to pertake in simple town travels, and sightseeing.
Travellers can help our organization in the above listed areas Teaching, Fundraising, management, It experts, Ecologists , Tourism and environmental Experts and any other activity that a traveller sees fit and can help further our course
Swahili (Kiswahili): Fluent
This host offers a language exchange
This host has indicated that they are interested in sharing their own language or learning a new language.
You can contact them directly for more information.
I have three shared rooms and one private room
Our organization will provide breakfast and dinner to all organization volunteers
all our volunteers will be provided with accommodation and meals in exchange for their help and without being asked for any payment.
1. motorcycle common known as boda boda.
2. public vehicles common known as daladala and bajaji
3. Tax in late nights are mostly adviced
NB: means of transport are affordable
1. Germany graves
2. Soko kuu
3. Jiwe Kuu
And so many other places in Mwanza Tanzania.
Also playgrounds for various games such as ( Football, Basketball, Volleyball and etc) are available and upon request we can arrange for volunteers to have regular participation with community teams in these games
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
This host has indicated that they love having digital nomads stay.
This host can provide space for campervans.
This host has said they are willing to accept those travelling with a pet.
More than two
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week