We are a backpackers' hostel and a creative space located in Klang, Selangor Malaysia.
We are looking for energetic and passionate travellers to help us spread the word about our hostel.
Royal Klang is a historic and multicultural city only one hour from Kuala Lumpur by train. You can discover the islands of Pulau Ketam and Sungai Lima and taste our unique local cuisine as our city is the hometown of the Bah Kut Teh dish. Klang has good links to other places in Malaysia and you can also take a boat to Sumatra.
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
Discover Klang, learn about the area and it's people and help to grow local tourism.
In 2020, we are looking for artists and travellers to help us for installations for our festivals and events. If you have experience in any of following, we will be delighted to host you:
1) Physical art exhibitions
2) Social media or SEO
3) Blogging and travel writing
4) Giving talks and presentations
5) Working in a tourism industry or in a hostel
Typical working day is 3 hours work in one of the following position:
1. “Ask Me” Volunteer: Promote our business to tourists and locals and help direct people to our hostel with a dedicated map. It's easy!
2. Write travelogues to promote Klang as a weekend destination or day trip from Kuala Lumpur: To do this, you will Join the “Heritage Walk” Tour organized by local government on weekends. When tour ends, write your travelogue so we can share in our official website.
3. Audio Guide Translation: Help us to translate our audio guide to your languages so customers can scan the audio guide QR code and your voice will be guiding them through the tour, isn’t that cool?
4. Be an ambassador for our hostel: Socialise with guests and host activities such as board games, potluck party and movie nights along with the local staff. Talk with locals and enjoy the experience of meeting new people.
5. Help us to write reviews on social media: If you really love our hostel, share with your friends and families and who knows they might visit too!
6. Star in a video: Zi Tu, our official AV partner, hopes to bring the world together by telling stories of people’s homelands. Tell us about your experience in Klang and we will share it with locals to let them know about the beauty of your country.
7. General Housekeeping: Help us maintain our hostel clean and tidy space with high standards.
Chinese (Mandarin): Fluent
Chinese (Cantonese): Fluent
We are a modern hostel with comfortable dorm bed with privacy curtain, aircond and lockers.
- Royal Selangor
- Little India
- Jalan Stesen 1
- Religion Triangle
- Second Railway and British Colonial Style
- Malaysia's only double decker bridge
- Pre-war Building
- Pulau Ketam (By Ferry)
- Kuala Selangor (By Bus)
- Shah Alam (By KTM)
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: