We are a couple of 65 and 59 years young, Jos (dutch) and Susanne (swedish). We have moved to our little "farm" with 5.5 ha forrest and acres close by Söderköping in Sankt Anna's skärgård. The farm is a only 1,5 km from the Baltic sea. Because we have just moved there is a lot to do. On the moment we are renovating the house. The acres are plowed so coming season we are going to plant a lot of plants, flowers and bushes which we toke with us from our latest farm.We will growing our own (organic) vegetables, herbs and flowers. We also keeping bees and have two cats living here with us. Jos is working part time time with disabled children and Susanne has her own company where she produces (organic) skincare products. So if you have experience in building and renovating you are more than welcome.
There will be a lot to do in spring and summertime in the garden and the forrest.
Help in the house
You can become more familiar with living a more sustainable life, cooking vegetarian food, growing your own organic vegetables. Offcourse you will learn a little more about Sweden.
For the person interested in organic skincare you will learn both to produce basic skincareproducts, the thinking behind natural skincare, growing, harvesting, making extrakt, about different herbs, vegetable oils, hydrolats etc.
For the person who is interested in beekeeping you can help with work in the bees when necessary offcourse.
Getting to know the beauty of the landscape and the silence!!!!
We will have a kind of evaluation after one week to hear if our farm is the right place to be for you and if it gives you what you expected. And offcourse for us too.
- helping in the garden which includes picking weeds (every day for a while), harvesting vegetables for cooking, herbs and medicine plants for drying
- helping with cooking
- helping with building and renovating the new farmhouse and preparing the garden
- building, we have several projects
- painting work
- for the person who is interested in learning to make organic skincare products there is the possibility to stay for a longer period ( between 4-8 months)
english, swedish, german, dutch
Simple accommodation with a guestroom in a separate building with two beds.
Shower and toilet are in the main house.
- relax and enjoy the silence on our farm
- walks in the forest and to the sea
- learn about natural beekeeping
- we have WIFI in the mainhouse but bad connection for mobile telephone and no TV
- On the farm we have a busstop close by
- at least three weeks stay till four weeks
- no smoking
- we eat vegetarian food
-we have two bicycles
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
4 hours a day 6 days a week or 5 hours a day 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: