We are a couple of 67 and 61years young, Jos (dutch) and Susanne (swedish). We have moved to our little "farm" with 5.5 ha forrest and acres close by Söderköping in Sankt Anna's skärgård. The farm is only 1,5 km from the Baltic sea. We are living here now for some years and we are almost ready with the renovation of the farm. We are growing our own (organic) vegetables, herbs and flowers.We have bees and a cat. This sommer we have been host for some piggs too. Jos is working part time with disabled children and Susanne has her own company where she produces (organic) skincare products. So if you have experience in the garden and building than you are more than welcome.
We have been travelling ourselves very much and it is therefore we like to welcome people from different cultures now at our own place. For us is life more then only working in the garden. We like the quietness and beauty of the place and her surroundings. Besides that we are interested in talks and sharing more filosofical questions around life and meditation.
DIY and building projects
Help around the house
You can become more familiar with living a more sustainable life, cooking vegetarian food, growing your own organic vegetables. Offcourse you will learn a little more about Sweden.
For the person who is interested in beekeeping you can help with the bees when necessary offcourse.
For the person interested in organic skincare you will learn both to produce basic skincareproducts, the thinking behind natural skincare, growing, harvesting, about different herbs, vegetable oils, hydrolats etc.
Getting to know the beauty of the landscape and the silence!!!!
We will have a kind of evaluation after one week to hear if our farm is the right place to be for you and if it gives you what you expected. And offcourse for us too.
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
- helping in the garden which includes picking weeds (every day for a while), harvesting vegetables for cooking and storing for the winterperiod.
- helping with cooking
- helping with building and renovating the new farmhouse and preparing the garden
- building, we have several projects
- painting work
- for the person who is interested in learning to make organic skincare products there is the possibility to stay for a longer period ( between 4-8 months)
Simple accommodation with a guestroom in a separate building with three beds.
Shower and toilet are in the main house.
- relax and enjoy the silence on our farm
- walks in the forest and to the sea
- learn about natural beekeeping
- we have WIFI in the mainhouse but bad connection for mobile telephone and no TV
- On the farm we have a busstop close by
- at least two weeks stay till four weeks
- no smoking
- we eat vegetarian food
-we have two bicycles
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
4 hours a day 6 days a week or 5 hours a day 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: