We are a friendly and fun couple in our early 40's with 2 wonderful cats. We have a spare room with a very comfortable king size bed. We recently purchased a little motor boat which we can go out on together, do some fishing or just enjoy cruising the local rivers and waterways. We drive into Port Macquarie regularly for work, so it shouldn't be a problem to help you get out and see the lovely sights of our area.
We live in a semi-rural country town of Kendall in NSW Australia (30 minutes south of Port Macquarie). It is a pretty little place known as the Poet's Village, named after Henry Kendall a famous Australian poet. We are very lucky to have a train station at Kendall, making it very easy to get to the main cities and back. There is also an airport in Port Macquarie if you'd prefer to fly. Port Macquarie is a gorgeous town on the mid-north coast of NSW with plenty of great beaches, cafe's, restaurants and water activities. At certain times of the year you can see dolphins and whales.
We live in a 127 years old house which we are renovating little by little. So far we have painted and wallpapered the inside and replaced the carpet. Considering the house is quite old, there are plenty of things we are planning:
- Painting the outside of the house and we would love some help
- Fixing the roof of the garage, adding shelves, storage, running power, adding another roller door and painting
- Building a deck in the backyard
- Landscaping some tiered gardens
- Concreting for a driveway, a shed and a place to park our little boat
- General gardening and maintenance
Thanks and hope to hear form you soon!
Help in the house
- The mid north coast has a rich history with museums and historical buildings to visit.
- We have amazing beaches, waterway and national parks surrounding us with some amazing views and walks.
- A strong arts and culture community
- Port Macquarie has a large amount of restaurants, cafes, pubs, hostels and tourist activities available all year round.
- Some great winners and vineyards to visit
- Improve your english
- Visit the Koala hospital and make a fury friend
- Backyard Deck - carpentry/woodwork experience, working with power tools, digging footing holes, concreting, etc.
- Helping me replacing a corrugated iron sheet on the garage roof, installing some basic shelves and storage. Painting the garage.
- Building tiered gardens, digging, moving of soil, constructing garden beds.
- Building a chicken coop!
- Garden maintenance, ride on lawn mower, pruning, weeding
House with your own private room. Shared bathroom & kitchen.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week