Hi! We are a school in Jember which uses Cambridge International Curriculum together with our National Curriculum. Our concern is to enrich the students' knowledge of languages and cultures as well as to improve the human resources (mainly teachers). We have some divisions here, they are:
1) Primary (6 classes) with students aged 6-12 years old and 2) Secondary I & II (4 classes so far) with students aged 12-15 years old. Specifically, each class consist of 5-12 students, they are typically enthusiastic, highly spirit and curious of people and things.
We are welcome to any volunteers who can help us to boost the quality of our school (volunteers with teaching experiences/background is preferable).
We are welcome and very excited to have any volunteer from all over the world (as we had before) and feel free to share about any needed information if you're willing to join.
One more additional information, we have a school holiday in June-July and December-mid January so we are not available on those months.
Babysitting and creative play
Help with Computers/ Internet
Surely volunteers who help us will benefit on these things:
*Learning Bahasa Indonesia
*New teaching experience and cultural sharing
*Unforgettable moment in outstanding tourism places
*One host will assist, guide and help one volunteer as long as he/she is here
WHAT CAN YOU DO AT FREE TIME?
1) Preparing for teaching
2) Having culinary adventure with our rich and various foods and snacks
3) Visiting outstanding interesting places
We are situated near so many wonderful places like beaches, mountains, rainfalls and others.
For your information, Jember is a small but beautiful city in East Java (Jawa Timur) - Indonesia. We are situated in a beautiful and safe environment. We are close to:
Bromo Mountains (3-hour travel),
Semeru Mountain (4-hour travel),
Papuma Beach (1-hour travel)
Ijen Crater (2-hour travel)
and also Bali (7-hour travel)
Since our school days are active only from Monday to Friday, our volunteers usually enjoy these tourism places on weekends.
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
We expect volunteers who can:
*speak English (native will be better)
*contribute in our education with their talents, skills and knowledge
*help teachers to improve their English
*stay at school for 4 hours a day (helping with stuffs and others), 5 days a week (negotiable)
*minimum stay: 2 weeks
Chinese (Mandarin): Fluent
WHAT YOU'LL GET HERE
1. Free charge of A guest house (2 rooms with AC for each, kitchen set and other supporting appliances)
2. Free transport (to pick you up at/take you to Jember train station/to go around Jember*)
3. Stable Internet connection over WIFI (around school and even reach your guesthouse!)
*) by appointment only
AVAILABLE TRANSPORT BESIDE SCHOOL ACCOMMODATION
Public transport like becak (pedicab/three-wheel bicycle), mini yellow bus (some volunteers call campus bus), ojek (a paid motorbike driver).
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
4 -5 hours