This is a not-for-profit organization based in Delhi. We work with the mission to transform the teaching and learning processes within India’s government schools, through a 'Whole School Transformation' program across diverse contexts and landscapes to realise its vision i.e “To empower our children to build a better tomorrow.”
We run ‘Simple Schools’ where we work to transform government schools into centres of excellence, as we leverage all stakeholders to work together to improve student learning and growth. The Simple School model works at the intersection of Teachers, Students, Community and School Systems, thereby effectively impacting and involving all stakeholders to take ownership and create a sustainable space that supports and nurtures excellent education.
Currently, we run five such 'Simple Schools’ located in urban Delhi and rural Uttarakhand, where we directly reach out to 1000 Students and 35 Teachers across these diverse school communities. In the next 5 years, through the Public Private Partnership (PPP) initiative of various state governments, we aim to build a network of 'Simple Schools' across multiple states in India, that serve as proof points and resource hubs of best practices in learning and teaching within the government schooling system.
At Gular i.e Paathshala Project has placed 3 paid staff One of them is a Program Leader responsible for running the rural program, other is a Teaching Assistant supporting Program Leader in Literacy skills execution in Hindi and English. Another is Community Assistant working across 13 communities of nearby villages.
Help with Computers/ Internet
- How to make bubbles from tree sap
- How to hike in hills (children of this village are great at it)
- Terrace farming in the hills
- Meditation and Yoga (Rishikesh is an abode for the same)
- Cooking traditional vegetables
The traveller is expected to support the rural project in Gulardogi, Uttarakhand with below aspects:
- Teaching Literacy (Executing lesson plans on Jolly Phonics, Reading Comprehension, Grammer, Writing, Speaking etc)
- Use of Computer/ Technology (Teaching kids how to use computer, supporting student on research projects etc)
- Any form of expression- Art, Music, Drama, Sports, Farming etc (someone who has multiple skills and can teach them to students integrated with lessons taught in classroom/ learning centre. Student work is showcased at Baal Mela i.e Children's Fair organised annually by children)
Cottage on the hills equipped with bed, almirah, electricity, working kitchen, working bathroom, internet and electricity backup. Neighbour has local shops with all possible daily food and groceries requirements.
Bus is used as local transport.
No fee/ payment is expected from the workawayer.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
Maximum 2-3 hours a day, 5 days a week