We are a friendly team of international enthusiasts who joined their efforts and built a clinic, most of the work is done by the volunteers.
Our volunteering community is international, and we provide welcoming friendly environment.
The volunteers will have the opportunity to get to know the local people and experience the life at the clinic and the rural communities in the north of Guatemala. This is an opportunity to exchange the skills, experiences and cultural backgrounds.
Our mission is to build clinics in remote areas and provide health care services to people with little or no access to them.
In 2017 we built a free clinic in the village of Chuinajtajuyup, Momostenango, Totonicapán region, Guatemala. We are the nearest health post for an indigenous K'iche' Maya community of 20,000+ people. Every day our doctors see more than 60 patients. We provide basic medical services in the field of pediatrics, preventive care, health education, obstetrics and gynecology. We prescribe and distribute medications, perform minor surgeries with local anesthesia, consult pregnant women and deliver babies, supervise several medical programs on child malnutrition, birth control, type I diabetes and pregnancy care as well as give educational lectures on hygiene and healthy diet.
Majority of clinic’s staff is the volunteers, there are the following positions that you can volunteer with us:
Spanish-English or Spanish-Russian tutor and/or translator - at least 1 week
- Interpreting into Spanish and English while escorting doctors and nurses at the clinic and during house calls;
- Teaching Spanish to volunteers at least three times a week.
Photographer/content writer – short term 1-2 weeks
- Bring your work equipment and software;
- Escorting our medical volunteers and taking photos on a daily basis;
- Editing videos on the daily life of the project in Guatemala;
- Creating appropriate products;
- Handling the material daily and posting it on social media with a caption (50-60 words), following a certain schedule;
- Preparing and writing articles once a week (appr. 600 words)
Spanish, Russian, English
Our volunteers are provided with shared accommodation at the volunteer house and three meals a day (vegetarian).
Our clinic is located not too far from the most beautiful places in Guatemala:
- Antigua is 5hrs away - it s is a former capital of Guatemala, a colonial town with delicious coffee, and trekking path to Akatenango volcano
- Lake Atitlan is 4 hrs away - one of the most beautiful lakes in the world with lots of activities
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week