Please, we do not accept single people. Groups of 2, 3 or 4 only for stays of one month or longer.
We are seeking volunteers to help out with horses and general farm work such as land clearing, planting crops, watering plants and animal feeding. Preference goes to groups of two or three because the work with the horses is sometimes impossible to do with just one person, such as catching them in from the mountains!
We own an organic farm and horse tour business in the countryside on the coast of Ecuador, 8 km away from the beach. There are 18 horses. Some are youngsters, others broodmares, but the majority are riding horses. Our tours involve a lot of beach riding and also into the hills where there is a lot of wildlife; monkeys, lizards and birds. Dogs are a huge part of our life; we currently have 16 although this number varies with the number of rescue dogs and puppies.
• Happy, positive person who respects animals.
• Very experienced with horses if you are wanting to work with them. This is not a position for learners. You need to be an excellent rider, confident with horses and able to manage youngsters kindly but firmly. Able to lead tours, train and bring on youngsters. Comfortable with the responsibility and management of horses.
• Able to work independently, we have three other businesses to run and so we are looking for someone who can run the horse tours.
• 1-month minimum commitment, preferably longer.
• Flexibility is a must. Some days when there are rides going out, the days will be much longer, but you will always have time off to make up for the extra as and when it occurs.
It would also be great if you can speak Spanish and English. We speak both.
We are still rebuilding our house following the earthquake, therefore accommodation is in a large tent (you can stand up!) with electricity and a double bed with your own porch and hammocks and bathroom with shower. Preference will be given to two people volunteering together due to the accommodation constraints.
This is a great position for someone looking to spend some time in Ecuador. There is a huge earning potential here, the more you want to put into the business, the more you will earn.
Please send us an email all about yourself and what you can bring to the position. We look forward to hearing from you!
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
We live in rural Ecuador and have a great bunch of Ecuadorians who work with us. There is plenty of opportunity to speak with them and practise Spanish or to visit our neighbours and learn how to cook traditional food.
Trimming hooves, grooming, care of equipment.
General farm help.
Own bedroom but it is in a tent!
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
5 (max 25 hours per week)