We are a community based Youth organization found in Eastern Uganda, east Africa and We aim at scaling up programs and projects for service delivery to individuals, households and communities to address and alleviate suffering with in livelihoods.
As a community based organization, we are currently implementing social activities and the organization is majorly concerned with supporting women, youths and children in the community at large striving for a community of empowered people living with respect and dignity by improving their livelihoods while promoting self reliance through education support, reproductive health services, water and sanitation, environmental protection, advocating for the rights of orphans and vulnerable children,food security, gender equality and networking.
Who can Volunteer?
Any one can volunteer through our volunteer program to work with the youths, women, children and the community members at large. we would prefer volunteers or any one, vital people of all ages who have a desire to work in the mentioned fields through the following activities:-
1. HIV/AIDS initiatives.
- Behavioral interventions seek to reduce the risk of HIV transmission by addressing risky behaviors such as information provision (such as sex education), counseling and other forms of psycho-social support and safe infant feeding guidelines, stigma and discrimination reduction programs.
- Sensitization on Prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT) of HIV and organizes community outreach programs to sensitize the population about HIV/AIDS. The community mobilization involve sports competition between the different groups of young people and adults to raise awareness about HIV/AIDS in the community.
-Education and training on safe sex methods like use of condoms, abstaining, being faithful which is the method.
Meetings are held meet up with people in the village to educate them on the dangers of HIV/AIDS and how we can prevent it as well putting an end to stigmatization of HIV persons.
2. The family planning program
- Information to help the people in the village understand their sexual and reproductive health that is village-focused and medically accurate.
-campaigns and sensitization and services for family planning.
3. Support and care to children especially the orphans.
Volunteers can offer their time to support and care for the orphans, the vulnerable and disadvantages children in the villages.
4. Income generating activities like tailoring which many ladies have become interested in and involved.help to develop plans for making different projects for income activities is also welcome.
5. The school.
-Teaching in the school and helping with building the school Hills of Hope since the school is not yet build completely
Type op help
We welcome any one interested in volunteering with our Organization to make a difference to many lives. Change starts with us.
Best Regards hope to have you here with us
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Heimwerker- und Bauarbeiten
Betreuung von Tieren
Mithilfe auf einem Bauernhof
Babysitten und Kinderbetreuung
Zubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die Familie
Hilfe mit Computer /Internet
-Learning a language has endless benefits, it opens up a number of doors, allows you to connect with people around the world which leads to this interesting and useful fact.
-Adventures, Without all those crazy and wild traveling stories, what would life be without those moments you can look back at and laugh, Having the opportunity to pack up and just leave, not thinking twice and traveling is by far one of the most rewarding and memorable experiences a person can encounter.
-Learning Through Experience, This is by far one of the greatest advantages of a cultural exchange, whether it be in a positive or negative context it is all a learning curve that you grow from, become wiser and learn how to face and approach uncontrollable life situations that are unexpectedly thrown towards you.
-One of the main benefits and advantages of a cultural exchange is making friends overseas that last a lifetime. It’s amazing how much you can learn from someone you just met and connect with someone on such a deep level.
Dieses Projekt schließt möglicherweise den Umgang mit Kindern ein. Mehr Informationen findest du in unseren Verhaltensregeln und Tipps hier.
HIV/AIDS awareness, Malaria awareness, community sensitization, family planning activities and training, teaching.
Luganda, Ganda: Gute Kenntnisse
Swahili (Kiswahili): Gute Kenntnisse
Dieser Gastgeber bietet Sprachaustausch an
It will be nice to learn a new language and as well the volunteers learn our local language :)
1. Accomodation is based in a rural area - here the volunteers can live in the village with the community members.
2. We have a person who cooks for the volunteer/our visitors food.Volunteers have to pay for their own food . Restaurants, super markets are available in Mbale town which is 16 km away and can be reached by public transportation.
3. We also have electricity now in the housing area and Incase electricity is off there is stand by solar for use.
4. There is a person who does Laundry.
we accommodate more than 3 to 5 volunteer.
we are sure you will have a great memorable stay.
The volunteers can go on the safaris to visit national games parks to see a variety of animals like Queen Elizabeth national game park, mount elgon national game park and others, they can also visit the source of the Nile in Jinja, Murchison falls, sipi falls, the equator, the Zoo and others.
Volunteers can also go to the local markets to buy what they need and like for example craft stuff like shoes, bags.
They can also go to hiki mount elgon,wanale hill in mbale and Tororo Rock .
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
Maximum 15 hours a week.
Warum lässt workaway.info Einträge von Gastgebern zu, die einen finanziellen Beitrag verlangen?
In Entwicklungsländern (wo die meisten Gastgeber gemeinnützige Arbeit oder Gemeinschaftsentwicklungsarbeit anbieten) verlangen einige unser Gastgeber einen kleinen Beitrag, um die Gastfamilie oder NGO zu unterstützen (meist handelt es sich um weniger als 5 USD pro Tag). Workaway lässt diese Art von Einträgen dann zu, wenn die Spende direkt an die Familie oder die NGO geht und nur dazu dient, die Kosten des Aufenthalts des Volunteers abzudecken. (Dies wird im Eintrag des Gastgebers deutlich angegeben).
Wir lassen keinerlei Inserate von Agenturen, „Vermittlern“ oder Projekten zu, bei denen wir das Gefühl haben, dass sie Profit aus dem Aufenthalt von Volunteeren schlagen wollen.