Do you love the beach, dogs, horses and Australian wildlife? Want to stay in relaxed comfort on 6 coastal acres in easy reach of Sydney? Are you looking to experience laidback Australian coastal lifestyle whilst enjoying your Workaway experience?
Just 3 1/2 hours drive north of Sydney and only 800m from the beach, we are looking for self motivated and capable 'hands' (singles or a couple) on a short term basis to assist us with 1/ general house/ property maintenance and 2/ marketing/SEO assistance. We operate our home and property as pet friendly, up market holiday accommodation and after a busy summer season, its now time for some 'freshening and tidying up' and getting those small and odd jobs done that we can't do when we have guests 'in'. If you have building, carpentry, stone work, landscaping, concreting etc trades skills and experience that would be a big benefit but none of the work/tasks is hard, it just requires someone capable, sensible & able to follow/take directions to get in and do it (or usually help us do it). An extra pair (or 2!) of hands to help us get these tasks done would be a huge boost for us and much appreciated.
My husband and I are friendly and experienced with hosting travellers (long time Servas hosts) and enjoy meeting people from other areas (Australia included) and countries. Chris is an ocean/surfing/fishing person, whilst I (Dianne) am a horse/crafty/natural therapist person. We have 2 large (inside) dogs (a Doberman and a Boxer) and 2 Arabian horses - so you'll have to be an 'dog/animal person' and comfortable with them close at hand :). Solid horse experience would be a bonus - it would be great to 'talk horse' and we may well be able to learn from each other too :)
We are surrounded by lovely beaches here which are bordered by either National Parks or Coastal forests - ideal for people who enjoy walking or running. The area is known as a good surfing spot (but you'll need to be reasonably experienced) and Chris is an avid surfer. This area is a very popular Australian beach holiday destination and you'll get to enjoy it at its best - from a locals perspective, when there aren't too many tourists around!! :)
We are just 15 minutes drive from the very popular coastal holiday towns of Forster/Tuncurry - with all its attractions eg great fishing, dolphin and whale watching, diving, stunning blue lake, canoeing, arts/crafts, shopping, cinemas etc
Heimwerker- und Bauarbeiten
Zubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die Familie
Betreuung von Tieren
Hilfe mit Computer /Internet
Dieses Projekt schließt möglicherweise den Umgang mit Kindern ein. Mehr Informationen findest du in unseren Verhaltensregeln und Tipps hier.
Whilst you are here enjoying workawaying with us we expect you to be enthusiastic, motivated and self starting. We don't want to have to micromanage your time or activities, chase you up about starting or finishing tasks or be concerned that you will be unsafe (or not follow directions) carrying out your activities.
Your tasks will include general house/property maintenance such as;
* Gardening and weeding
* Painting/washing walls
* Water pressure cleaning paved areas
* Helping collect firewood from the paddock
* Washing and polishing cars, horse float, caravan
* General house 'spring clean' activities
* Improving our vegetable garden set up - keen to utilize Permaculture guidelines here if you have any.
* Sharing the cooking
* Working alongside Chris as we start on the construction of our new house.
You could also be helping with;
* Trimming trees
* Business marketing/promotions/social media/seo - User friendly guidance, advice, training etc
* Brand development - I have online businesses/products that I could use some assistance with.
* Online business/product research etc
So you can see there is a wide variety of activities and tasks that you'll be able to help us with, depending on your skills and interests. I've got a 'TO DO list' and we're working through it! :) lol But remember, whilst you're here staying with us, we expect you to be proactive in helping us shorten this 'list'! Of course, we're also open to any other skills/expertise you may have that you can share with us or that we can learn about from you. :)
Your accommodation (within our home) will consist of a private, double bed room with an adjacent bathroom looking out into the trees, paddock and stables. We will be happy to provide your linen and towels if necessary and you'll share our healthy meals as part of our family - we're also very happy for you to share the cooking and let us experience your culinary specialties :)
You'll be able to make use of the wifi, washing machine, clothes line and other household facilities and will be expected to be very clean and tidy in the house as well as participate in its general day to day running/upkeep as necessary (eg empty the dishwasher, put the garbage out, fill the dogs water bowl etc if it needs
Our area has excellent mobile phone (Telstra and Optus) reception and we generally have good wifi within the house.
Please note that our home and property are STRICTLY NO SMOKING & DRUG FREE and that there is NO real nightlife in this area.
* In Your Time Off - Although you'll be sharing our home with us, you need to be happy with your own company and able to keep yourself happily occupied - not need to be entertained, in your 'off' time. We fully appreciate that as well as working with us, you're also here on holidays and want to make the most of your stay, experiencing and enjoying as much of the area and its pleasures as possible. So we'll help you do that too. As experienced holiday accommodation providers and Servas hosts we can recommend and suggest the best places to go, things to see and make recommendations for all manner of other things. Want to go fishing, surfing, beachcombing? How about where the best coffee cafes can be found? Or interesting shops to explore? What local markets are on and where? Where's the best whale watching spot or which is the best dolphin watching boat to go out on? You'll also be welcome to come along to any recreational/social activities that we may be attending whilst you're here - horse shows or clinics, endurance or team penning events, walking the dogs on the beach of a morning, surfing with the locals or social BBQs and family get togethers etc.
This area is a fabulous place to experience what 'real' coastal/country Australian lifestyle is like. Beaches, open space, amazing birdlife, kangaroos, surfing, friendly people, good cafes and a relaxed outdoor based lifestyle with all the benefits of good technology, excellent mobile phone reception and close by holiday destination activities, it's all here. BUT - and there is always a but :) - there is NO 'party/clubs nightlife' in the area. We are located away from town and the lifestyle here is quiet and outdoor (day) based. Do not come here if you want to party or need nightlife.
* Insurance - It is essential that you have current insurance to cover this Workaways experience whilst you are staying with us. You will be required to provide us with a copy of this insurance on acceptance of your booking.
* Transport - It would be best if you had your own vehicle but its not essential. Travel from Sydney is easy and straight forward. Straight up the Pacific Highway either by car, Greyhound Bus (and we'll pick you up from either Nabiac or Forster) or train (to Taree). As we are only 5 minutes off the highway we are an easy stopping point if you are independantly exploring the Australian east coast and beaches. Local travel is usually done by private car, but as we are in and out of town regularly you're welcome to come along.
We usually only offer shorter term hostings of around a week or so, but depending on our holiday accommodation bookings, we are flexible. So even if its just a few days stopover on your way up the east coast, a weeks stay, or maybe longer, lets talk and see what we can arrange to suit us both :)
Our aim with our Workaways hostings is that we both (you and us) enjoy and benefit from the experience. You'll do the best you can to help/work with us to lighten our 'load' and we are flexible,friendly and reasonable hosts that'll do the best we can to make your stay (and holiday) the best for you. Win-Win all round. :)
We invite you to contact us for any more information and to come and stay with us soon.
Dianne and Chris
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week - but we are flexible and negotiable.