We are a family of 4. Two kids (ages 10 and 15) living in El Hierro. I (Cristina) am an English teacher in a Primary School and Julio works in an office as an administrative.
We have been living and working in UK and USA for a few years and we like that kind of experiences (travelling and working in other places) Also, I was an au pair when I was younger and enjoyed the experience of living and sharing time with other families.
Now we are settled in El Hierro and we plan to stay here for a couple of years. During this time we are working on a project related to agriculture. We are repairing a house next to our "finca" where we grow mostly avocado trees and other types of trees.
The goals for this "finca" is to offer a place to stay in contact with nature, for future visitors (still a lot of work to do).
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Heimwerker- und Bauarbeiten
1. About languages: we are a Spanish family and Spanish is our mother tongue however, English is also spoken and used when necessary. We are trying to learn german as we would like to go and live in that country for a few years, so we are very interested in practising German, but also English.
2. About the island: El Hierro is a small but diverse island, with very different landscapes. You can enjoy the sea or the mountains, with many natural trails. There are a lot of outdoor activities like: hiking, diving, cycling, paragliding etc. People is very friendly and you can usually enjoy cultural events and popular celebrations (now stopped because of COVID)
Dieses Projekt schließt möglicherweise den Umgang mit Kindern ein. Mehr Informationen findest du in unseren Verhaltensregeln und Tipps hier.
We can divide the Finca into 3 main parts, two already working and 1 that needs to be done.
1. AVOCADO'S FINCA: it is already working (50 avocado's trees giving fruits already).
2. FINCA WITH OTHER TYPES OF TREES (20 trees and veggies already giving fruits and veggies)
3. HOUSE REBUILT AND NEW PIECES OF LAND.
As we have just bought a new piece of land that has been abandoned for a long time, it needs to be cleaned.
After it is done, it will need to be prepared for planting (WATER IRRIGATION and fertilizing)
Stone walls need to be repaired in order to access the new parts, and a new access needs to be done (stairs and trails).
Julio is working in the house repairs with some other workers and sometimes he needs help with construction work.
We don't need professionals as people can learn while working.
Dieser Gastgeber bietet Sprachaustausch an
I want to continue practising English and learn German.
1. Accommodation: the house garage has been converted into a sleeping room for the volunteers. Access to a shared bathroom within the family house. The garage is not the most convenient place, but you have electricity, internet, a place to put your stuff.
2. Food: We offer the food for the volunteers at the same time as the family. We share the main meals and breakfast depends on the working hours.
Volunteers can access El Hierro from Tenerife or Gran Canaria by plane or boat (only from Tenerife).
Within the island, there is reasonably good public transport to go to every town.
The island has many interesting sights to visit during their free time (Visitor centre, beautiful landscapes and the other activities that I have mentioned before)
We like hiking and going to the beach when the weather is nice and we also spend time at home.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: