Hello, my name is Wafa. I'm 18 years old. I do social projects with my fellow students at my University. Especially the quality education for disadvantages people. i hope to see you around and join us on board, helping us doing social activities and contribute to the local communities here in my city .
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Hilfe bei Kunstprojekten
Hilfe mit Computer / Internet
We can provide accomodation during your stay, you can learn Indonesian culture by learning from me & my fellow students. join the student club activities in my campus for example like Pencak silat (traditional martial arts) Seni tari (traditional dance) And we can guide you to see around the city of Sukabumi with broad option for natural tourism such as geopark, Ujung Genteng beach ( with turtle sanctuary) where you can see turtle laying eggs , national park where they have nice lakes, waterfalls and longest suspension bridge!
Most of my projects are teaching, English teaching especially. but you can help with anything that related to teaching projects and local community services. now we are teaching in the local school near our university
example of volunteer duties :
- Help assisting English teacher in the English class
- Interact with the students in the English Club at school
- Make English class more fun like doing games in English for example
- Introduce your culture & country to the students so they could have wider knowledge about other countries cultures (cultural exchange) by making slide for example in the power point and explain to them
shared house for the workawayers with private room, meals are provided at least 2 meals per day in daily basis and you can cook your own meal. also i can help provide vegetarian foods
What you need to know about Sukabumi / Indonesia.
- There is a fair possibility of afternoon rain on a daily basis, especially in the raining season (November – March)
- Most people around you don’t speak English.
- Indonesians generally have different working manners. Everything is done in a more relaxed way, please anticipate and try to adapt.
-Toilets and showers are Indonesian style (Mandi cold water buckets/bucket shower/squat toilet)
-As Indonesia is the world’s most populous muslim country, you will hear “adhan” (call to prayer) five times a day (except in Bali) broadcasted through the Mosque’s loudspeakers starts from early morning around 4:30 AM , 12:00 PM , 15:30 PM , 18:00 PM and 7:30 PM. You need to get used to it.
- In small city like Sukabumi and the other city in indonesia which is not a touristy places, most people rarely seeing foreigner around, Well, expect that you might be asked to make lots of pictures and even give autographs! Being a foreigner in most parts of Indonesia is almost like being someone famous. And a simple exchange of smiles with someone of the opposite sex can make him or her become red of shyness and... happiness. Indonesians will suprise you many times and surely make your stay enjoyable and interesting.
On your time off you would be able to tour the town and tasting local foods (and it's so affordable) or you can learn how to surf or surfing in Cimaja beach, it's like an hour and a half from our places, trekking to the Mount Gede national park and reach the waterfall sites or visit turtle sanctuary in Ujung genteng beach and see them laying eggs!
getting here and away :
From Jakarta airport :
1. take the "Damri" bus from soekarno hatta airport to sukabumi (available from 08:00 AM - 19:00 PM)
2. you can take sky train to the airport link station and take the train to sudirman station and continue with commuter line to bogor station then after that you can take a train from paledang station (it's 5 minutes walkaway from bogor station) to sukabumi (you need to book in advance) another option is mini van or bus to sukabumi.
3. Book door to door travel from soekarno hatta aiport to sukabumi , but you need to book in advance.
From Bandung airport (i suggest you to go from here because the traffic jam isn't as bad as from jakarta to sukabumi) :
1. you can take taxi or bus from husein sastra negara airport to Leuwi panjang bus terminal and take a bus to sukabumi
2. Book a door to door travel from bandung to sukabumi.
ps : i recommend you to download Gojek or Grab (an online transportation like Uber) from appstore or google play for the transportation options, it's so cheap and easier to get, you can hire a car or motorcyle to take you from A to B point (up to 22- 27 km)
available local transportation :
Online transportation (Gojek, Grab)
Cheapest and easiest way to go from A point to B point! you can download the application on Appstore or google play!
Public Transportation (Angkot)
the ANGkutan KOTa (=city transportation) which is the so-called “Angkot” among Indonesians. These cars look like minivans or minibusses with eye-catching color such as blue, red, or green. Every Angkot has their own route, to distinguish by letter or number code, or line color on the side. The route usually posted on the windshield, example like ‘Bhayangkarai-Degung-City Mall’ means that Angkot will go through those 3 places on their route.
BUS / Train :
To Yogyakarta :
there's a bus with air conditioner from Sukabumi to Yogyakarta , you can book in the travel agent nearby and it's really cheap around $10 . it takes like 12 hours from Sukabumi , usually you will get free food (buffet style) while the bus stop by in the restaurant. and there's a small restroom in the bus
to Bali (Denpasar)
there's bus with air conditioner From Sukabumi to Denpasar , which cost aroud $30 and it takes like 24 - 27 hours and they will stop by in the restaurant for several time and you will get free food also (buffet style) and there's a small restroom in the bus. you can see the scenery around the java island as it will stop by in few cities.
To Bandung :
There's a bus with air conditioner from sukabumi to bandung and it cost like $2 - $3 dollar and it will takes like 3 - 4 hours depends on the traffic.
To jakarta :
There's a bus leave to jakarta but it's rare to find the bus with air con, so the best way to go to jakarta is by Train because the traffic is pretty bad also , and you need to book in advance ( sukabumi - bogor train) then take another train to jakarta. it cost like $3-$4 dollar both train and bus, the train has air con both economy and executive class
ps : There is no airport in sukabumi because it still built and renovate together with the toll road, so the nearest airport is Soekarno Hatta Airport (Jakarta) and Husein Sastranegara Airport (Bandung). the best way to go to Sukabumi is from Bandung!
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week