Bisher 601 mal gespeichert
We are Iris (26) , David (30), Felix (4) and Norah (1) from the Netherlands and we own a really nice, small house with around 8 hectares of fields and forest in Balșa, Romania. Here we live with our dogs, cats, chicken, ducks, turkeys, goose, goats and sheep.
We've been looking for a piece of peace for a long time already and now five years ago we decided we found it.
In the hills of Transylvania where it sometimes feels like time has stood still. In a good way!
So many mysterious and interesting natural places around us we have yet to discover. What we've seen so far makes us confident we will have a never ending adventure here.
We don't like to give a name to what exactly we are doing but we could try to make it a bit more clear. We live in a community. Not a community where everybody lives together and shares everything, but more a village with people that like each other and have more or less the same ideas about life. About why we live and what's important to teach our children. Within this village we can share, help and learn from each other. We're super happy that this community is really happening right now. Many people here now with many languages :) At this moment Davids father bought the neighboring house. Friends of ours, with their daughter and son have built a house on land which we sold them and two other families bought their lands a little bit more up the hill. All the kids, 9 in total, vary from 0 until 5 years old. So it's the ideal place for families!
We have a really nice spot over here and we welcome everyone to visit and help create an even more beautiful piece of earth.
Things we would really like some help with are:
- REPLACING THE ROOF MAN, ITS RAINING Inside! Just kidding. it just could use some insulation and some straightening up.
- Building a nice stable for the goats and sheep
- Digging and constructing a cellar with a bathroom on top, attached to the house
- Cooking (we love you if you can cook or like to do dishes)
- Gathering Fire Woodz
- A little bit of gardening
- Feeding the animals and every now and then clearing out their night shelter
David is very handy himself and we have all the tools we need to work efficiently.
There will also be a lot of fun and games and music and dances and fun stuff to be done.
All the other families here have many many projects. If we have things to do you don't like, or when we don't have anything to do at all, they could also use help. Everyone's on workaway too if u want to check them out just write us and we will link their profiles.
- We prefer a minimum stay of two weeks or longer. In our experience we noticed it takes around a week to get used to each other, after that it gets more relaxed and things start to run smoothly. If this is not possible for you, just let us know so we can figure something out.
We are not to strict with most stuff as long as we're moving forward and getting things done everything is hunky dory.
- Your stay will most probably be in a guestroom, caravan (with woodstove) or tent that we will provide, including a comfy mattress and all the blankets needed. The main house is being renovated so there's (almost) no place to sleep inside unfortunately. But we'll discuss this before you arrive.
- Our farm is situated on a 15 minute walk (2 km) uphill, away from the village. This is a very bumpy and dirty road so for normal cars or a van it could be a problem to get up to our house. However, we have a 4x4 and could pick people & their luggage up when needed. Many people with a van made it up all the way to our house, but it has to be in a period without rain. The rain makes it super muddy and slippery and almost impossible to drive (and walk :))
- Depending on your standards we would consider our house and conditions basic. We are quite chaotic and that shows in our garden, house and kitchen. If you are a super tidy person our place might be a bit too much for you, especially in the cold months. We have hot water most of the time. Our internet is working but its very very slow. Our kids are naked most of the time.
- Something we learned while hosting volunteers the last years is that we appreciate honesty. Especially David is very direct and honest and we would like to ask you to be that as well. Something not right? You hate the place and want to leave immediately? (yes, that happened already more than once) Just tell us.
Please don't hesitate to write us regarding any questions you might have.
David, Iris, Felix and Norah
tags: self sustainablity, self sustainable, permaculture, self sufficient, organic, homesteading, home schooling, unschooling, rural, nature, DIY, family, community village, camping, wild, climbing, walking, falling in really deep holes, dry toilet, natural building, clay, straw, woodworking, carpentry, holland, nederlands, familie.
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Heimwerker- und Bauarbeiten
Mithilfe auf einem Bauernhof
Babysitten und Kinderbetreuung
Zubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die Familie
This place is a multi cultural community. Languages you can hear or find here are: Dutch, English, German, Romanian, Spanish, French, Swedish, Finnish, Latvian and Russian. Everyone has their own background and own story to tell. There have been a lot of volunteers, friends, family members and other random guests here and we expect this to continue all the time.
Dieses Projekt schließt möglicherweise den Umgang mit Kindern ein. Mehr Informationen findest du in unseren Verhaltensregeln und Tipps hier.
Like mentioned above, we do not expect anything. We could use help with keeping the kids happy, fixing the house, gardening, make plans with the land etc!
Dieser Gastgeber bietet Sprachaustausch an
Do you speak Romanian? Please come and teach us... We could use some lessons. In exchange we can teach you one of the most useless languages existing: Dutch.
We have all the sleeping equipment. Air mattresses, lots of blankets and pillows. Last year we moved a caravan here with a comfortable 2 persons mattress and woodstove!
This area is very beautiful and i am sure we have not discovered all of it ourselves. We are not that far from Deva and Hunedoara which both have big castles.
There's a beautiful walk you can have, it goes through the river in the village, through the hills, to another village. There's a big cave to explore.
We have bicycles which you could borrow if you want to.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
The road to our house is especially in winter not use able for any vehicle that does not have 4 wheel drive. Campers can be safely parked in the village.
If your pets are 100% surely okay with kids, other (big) dogs, cats and chicken then it's fine!
mehr als zwei
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: