Bisher 429 mal gespeichert
We are Iris (25), David (29), Felix (2) and Norah (0) from the Netherlands and we own a really nice, small house with around 8 hectares of fields and forest in Balșa, Romania. Here we live with our dogs and cats.
We've been looking for a piece of peace for a long time already and now four years ago we decided we found it.
In the hills of Transilvania where it sometimes feels like time has stood still. In a good way!
So many mysterious and interesting natural places around us we have yet to discover. What we've seen so far makes us confident we will have a never ending adventure here.
We don't like to give a name to what exactly we are doing but we could try to make it a bit more clear. We live in a community. Not a community where everybody lives together and shares everything, but more a village with people that like each other and have more or less the same ideas about life. About why we live and what's important to teach our children. Within this village we can share, help and learn from each other. We're super happy that this community is really happening right now. Many people here now with many languages :) At this moment Davids father bought the neighboring house. Friends of ours, with their daughter and son have built a house on land which we sell them and two other friends bought a nice little place a little bit more up the hill. There's two other families who are in the process of moving here. All the kids (coming spring it will be 9 in total if everyone is here) vary from 0 years until 5 years old. So it's the ideal place for families! There are more houses empty in our valley which are also for sale.
Anyway. We have a really nice spot over here and we welcome everyone to visit and help create an even more beautiful piece of earth.
Things we would really like some help with are:
- REPLACING THE ROOF MAN, ITS RAINING INSIDE! kidding. it just could use some insulation and some straightening up.
- Plastering with clay
- Digging and constructing a cellar with a bathroom on top, attached to the house
- Cooking (we love you if you can cook or like to do dishes)
- Gathering Fire Woodz
- A little bit of gardening
As you maybe noticed, we don't have a lot of gardening work to do this year. We want to focus fully on renovating our house. That's why we are particularly looking for skilled builders who are strong and don't mind physical labor. David is very handy himself and we have all the tools we need to work efficiently.
There will also be a lot of fun and games and music and dances and fun stuff to be done.
All the others here have many many projects. If we have things to do you don't like, or when we don't have anything to do at all, they could also use help. Everyone's on workaway too.
- We prefer a minimum stay of two weeks or longer. In our experience we noticed it takes around a week to get used to each other, after that it gets more relaxed and things start to run smoothly. If this is not possible for you, just let us know.
We are not to strict with most stuff as long as we're moving forward and getting things done everything is hunky dory.
We're looking for motivated people who want to learn and experience aswell as teach and share.
- Your stay will most probably be in a guestroom, caravan or tent that we will provide, including a comfy mattress and all the blankets needed. The house is being renovated so there's (almost) no place to sleep inside unfortunately. But we'll discuss this before you arrive.
- Our farm is situated on a 15 minute walk (2 km) uphill, away from the village. This is quite a bumpy and dirty road so for normal cars or a van it could be a problem to get up to our house. However, we have a 4x4 and could pick people & luggage up when needed. Many people with a van made it up all the way to our house, but it has to be in a period without rain. The rain makes it super muddy and slippery and impossible to drive.
Please don't hesitate to write us regarding any questions you might have.
David, Iris, Felix and Norah
tags: self sustainablity, self sustainable, permaculture, self sufficient, organic, homesteading, home schooling, rural, nature, DIY, family, community village, camping, survival, wild, climbing, walking, falling in really deep holes, dry toilet, solar boiler, natural building, clay, straw, woodworking, carpentry, dutch, holland, nederlands, familie.
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
This place is a multi cultural community. Languages you can hear or find here are: Dutch, English, German, Romanian, Spanish, French, Swedish, Finnish, Latvian and Russian. Everyone has their own background and own story to tell. There have been a lot of volunteers, friends, family members and other random guests here and we expect this to continue all the time.
Like mentioned above, we do not expect anything. We could use help with fixing the house, start up a garden, make plans with the land etc!
Latvian (Lettish): Fließend
We have all the sleeping equipment. Air mattresses, lots of blankets and pillows. Last year we moved a caravan here with a comfortable 2 persons mattress.
NOTE FOR WINTER: we don't have a heated room available! Nights will be cold in February and March. Most probably also still in April. With all the blankets and some mindfulness ( :)) ) it's definitely do-able but please keep this in mind when writing us!
This area is very beautiful and i am sure we have not discovered all of it ourselves. We are not that far from Deva and Hunedoara which both have big castles.
There's a beautiful walk you can have, it goes through the river in the village, through the hills, to another village. There's a big cave to explore.
We have bicycles which you could borrow if you want to.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week