Bisher 226 mal gespeichert
Volunteer at a beautiful organic Cacao(chocolate) farm. Help us with the day to day work at the farm. We will teach you a few tricks with gardening/farming.
It's a 22 acre farm, with house in the center of the farm covered is green all round the year. There is a dorm and factory as well with in the premise.
I stay at the dorm/ office building, we have a seperate section for Females and a co living space.
We can teach you how chocolate is made from tree to bar.
After having worked for corporate companies in Bangalore for 9 year, I quit my job to become a farmer.
The farm is family run, if you choose to volunteer you will be staying with the family as one of the family member.
I have hosted and been hosted for the last 9 years on other travel communities..
You will have to help out in the day to day running of the farm and any personal skills that will help us improve the farm will be appreciated.
I am part of educational trust, where with interact with children from underprivileged background, so as a part of the stay workawayers are expected to interact with children couple of times in a week.
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Heimwerker- und Bauarbeiten
Mithilfe auf einem Bauernhof
Zubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die Familie
Learn how to make chocolate, help you with few tips of gardening, There are 6 languages spoken by locals, we can teach you little from some of them.
Dieses Projekt schließt möglicherweise den Umgang mit Kindern ein. Mehr Informationen findest du in unseren Verhaltensregeln und Tipps hier.
- Help harvesting cacao pods: The plantation with the cocoa trees is about 15-20min away by car and at a friend's farm. There the cocoa pods are growing, being harvested and the beans are taken out of the pod. After, the beans will be transported to my farm where you will help with the fermentation, drying, etc.
- Help with the fermentation: check if the beans are ready fermented (it usually takes 7 days), open a few beans to check the inside color. If the beans are ready, wash them and bring them from the fermenting spot to the drying room (just a few steps away).
- Help drying the beans: The fermented and washed beans have to be laid out in the drying room. After, you will have to go to the drying room every day to shift the beans around as they have to dry from all sides equally. The drying takes usually 7 days depending on the weather conditions. During the rain season and when there isn't much sun, it can take a little longer.
- When the beans have dried and are ready, they are usually being transported to a chocolatier in Bengalore. BUT, no worries, we will keep some for you to teach you how to make chocolate. You will roast the beans, seperate the bean from the shell, get to taste the raw cocoa bean and help grinding the beans for approx. 3 days. During those 3 days you will see how the cocoa beans turn into cocoa mass, add sugar in the mean time (we usually make 100%, 80% and 55% chocolate and use palm sugar).
- Help planting cocoa trees: Right now, most trees are at my friend's farm. It's the fermentation and drying and chocolate making that is happening on my farm. I have started planting cocoa trees to harvest cocoa on my own farm in the coming years (they usually need to grow 5 years before they give fruits, and usually another 3 years until they give fruits that are good to make cocoa). Help digging holes and planting the trees. Please be aware of the fact that this is physical work!
- Help planting and watering our vegetables: We are growing our own vegetables and fruits too. Help planting, watering and composting.
- If you can't do much physical work, you are of course very welcome to join me at my farm and learn all about cocoa and chocolate making. You can help us in the kitchen and learn how to cook Indian meals for us, breakfast, lunch and dinner and help with some cleaning.
Dieser Gastgeber bietet Sprachaustausch an
beginner Spanish and German
Shared dorm room, there is a female section and co living space. Some parts of the factory is still under construction. We have family house close by, with fully equipped kitchen if you need one. Good bathroom, huge living space, vegetarian food.
Indulge a little in the local culture, depending on the time of the year you might be lucky to check out local folk dance and drama. We can organise local sightseeing during weekends and beach is close by.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
We welcome digital nomads, there is good high speed broadband at the farm.
Its a farm, there is enough space to park car, campervan or motor house.
We are pet friendly farm, we have our own pets too. We have a bull, a couple of dogs and cats, all rescue's. So would be more than happy to have a few more at the farm.
mehr als zwei
Maximum 3-4 hours a day, 5 days a week
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: