Hi there! My name is Kirana and my husband's name is Kung. We're a couple (both 34 years old) living in Nakhon Pathom, Thailand. We are living together as big family and we have 2 dogs.
This is a place we want to establish permaculture living so we have our plans that need helps. We’ve just started to grow organic vegetables for our own health and want to share our way to others. We have guesthouse for guests to experience farm stay and recently we just started to host farm dinner for others to come and enjoy our organic and homemade food.
We recommend you to read everything in the profile before writing to us. We will know if you don’t. Please let us know that you have read and understood and accept everything in our profile. We want you to know who we are and what to expect here.
By the way, we don't smoke so we prefer people who don't smoke also. If you do smoke, please be responsible for your own waste and make sure you only smoke in designated area only (Far away from our house)
We have thought this through about what is written in our profile. We are honest so don’t expect anything more than what is written. We are not responsible for your expectations, speaking from hosting experience. Everything there is to know about us is in our profile.
Heimwerker- und Bauarbeiten
Zubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die Familie
Mithilfe auf einem Bauernhof
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Life here is simple. We don't have much please don't expect anything fancy here. You can have time to yourself, be with yourself and also with others. You can experience our way of life that is on the process so you’ll be apart of our learning process to live eco-friendly but not completely cut out from the world. Things around the area are mostly agriculture field and unfortunately there are no artificial entertainment facilities nearby so if you want to see the city, we'll drop you on your day off when we have plan to go to the city.
We'd like to talk about our country and cultural stuff and yours too during lunch and dinner so we can exchange and acknowledge the common and differences. When we work, we work.
*Note in mind* everything takes time. If you want only conversations right away, this place is not the right place for you. We are busy so we cannot guarantee that we will just sit down and just talk. So be PATIENT.
When we were volunteering, we did things the way the owner of the house prefer. Because volunteers come and go but the owner has to live with the consequences of volunteers’s action.
Please do the same.
At our home, we have very good environment for you to focus and give yourself a thinking time. We won't disturb your free time. But you can always ask us for any questions, we will try to answer. The wise person would understand the importance of personal space for everybody around here.
If you decide to stay at our home and live with us, we must support each other as a member of the family and share happiness and suffering. You give, we give, you share, we share. Give and take, not only take.
Your behaviour will affect us and people living in the area so please always be conscious of your action.
We're in the starting phase of the project so now we don't have much therefore we need help to make this happen. It’s taking time and patience to accomplish this project. We are planning to produce food for ourselves and our customers who come for farm dinner. We need workawayers to help with below works;
- Taking out weed and make compost out of it
- Landscape Development
- Making vegetable field, seeding / planting
- Wood Furniture
- Cleaning guesthouses, kitchen areas, house area
- Prepare cutlery/plates before meal and clean up after meal then when they are dry, put them back to their places before next meal
- Maintenance of farm, tree cutting, firewood making
- Sometimes we host farm dinner to our customer so you'll help us set up the place, prepare the food and cleanup after.
It's always good that volunteers offer us your help without us requesting repeatedly. We don’t like giving orders. Please come with helping hand and heart also a big smile would be really appreciated. We will let you know what time we start work and please be on time. You don’t have to wait for us to call for help.
****** If we are doing your given tasks and you just do nothing, it’s not ok.******
Sometimes our work need to use power and you can get dirty and we appreciate people who clean themselves before entering to the house and take shoes off. Sometimes, it is hot and super hot but we have to do them. Sometimes it is not a hard work but it's a lot and you'll have to do it anyway, like weeding. It doesn't mean that we choose man over woman, I am a woman and I can get my works done. We have lots of female volunteers who are really our treasure. We have so many works that one of them can suit you. We need a helping hand to lift up our worried heart.
Normally, we work outdoor in the morning and evening. Working hours can be adjusted as you want. However depending on the weather, we may request to change time or day because almost of tasks that need help is outdoor. Please be responsible for yourself and your own safety.
Please make sure that YOU ARE ABLE TO WORK BY YOURSELF, be an observant, watch and learn. We might not be around you all the time because we all have our own tasks. Put your phone during work hour. You may listen to music or radio but don’t spend too much time picking the playlist.
We don’t want people who don't consider about anything they give to surrounding people/things/environment. We always have to respect and consider both people and nature around you. Please treat this place as your home, keep clean, use and put things back and be careful and be aware of what you do, be conscious of the consequences. We believe that you wouldn't want other people to come to your home and damage everything you've done.
We appreciate people who wear shirts and pants, it is considered impolite to be shirtless or bottomless. We know that it is hot here but you can always wear undershirts or shorts. Please take care of your sanitary such as body and clothes.
You can change schedule but we have to always discuss, please don’t change the plan without consulting with us.
We are busy on Saturday and Sunday, please consider to arrive on weekday.
You’ll be staying in our mudhouse. It's 1 room [around 9 square meters] and toilet is outside. Our lovely volunteers helped us built it and now it's ready to stay! Don’t pee outside (for man). We won’t host more than 2 people at the same time. If we have single contact at the same time, you might have to share house. We don't have air-con only fans. You'll have to clean your own room & bed [we have mattress, pillow and bed sheet] and keep common space clean and in good conditions.
Here's some more information;
1. Work Day & Day off : Work 5 days (4-5 hrs a day), off 2 days.
- Work Day : We can discuss working hours to suit everyone. But normally we start working at 9.00-11.30 in morning and 14.00-16.30 or 15.00-17.30 in the afternoon because of the heat. We provide lunch and dinner on work day. Breakfast is up to you, you can prepare by yourself with what we have in the fridge [eggs, bread, vegetables] or you can bring your own / shop at grocery store nearby. Please also help to prepare plates and silverware before meals and cleanup after.
- Day Off : On your day off [Monday and Friday], you can go out and explore Nakhon Pathom when we go out to swim or you can join us to the swimming pool, we go swimming on Monday and Friday. Work at the house is important and so is our health. We offer a place to stay but for food, volunteers can pick up groceries at a nearby grocery to suit their preferences, and cook individually or eat out.
2. Cleanliness :
- Sometimes we have mud stuck to our shoes, please clean your body/shoes outside before getting in the house after work.
- Room and toilet has to be in the same condition, keep clean for everybody's use.
- Please shower EVERYDAY, at least after work. Thailand is very hot and humid, if you don’t shower, you will smell and it’s not ok. Even though you don’t feel like showering but please take shower anyway.
- For man, please use toilet in the kitchen every time, don’t pee outside.
- For Laundry, we can put in washing machine for you if you have many clothes but if only 1-2, please hand wash.
- We have on-going trash system, please ask if you have trash you want to dispose. We try to bring in trash as less as we can since we're responsible for our own trash. Too many trashes not being dealt with properly are causing lots of environment problem. We are on our way to live zero waste life.
- For smokers, we have to ask you to smoke in designated area and take the cigarette butt/filter/whatever left over with you to dispose somewhere else because we don’t have waste system for this kind of waste.
3. What to bring : Please prepare your own personal things such as sandals for outside, towel, toothbrush, medicine, sunscreen, clothes that can get dirty because we work with soil, trees, vegetables.etc. We have boots, gloves and hats that you can use.
4. Food and Drink : We have local veg, eggs, bread, rice that you can use to cook for breakfast, other than that you can buy in advance or we can take you to the grocery shop nearby. Fruits, we often have fruits when Kung's parent bring [banana, guava]. Coffee and Tea, we have limited budget on everything that we need to buy so we appreciate that you can bring your favourite tea and coffee by your own. We hope in the future that we will have our own tea and coffee so in the mean time, please help us.
*Update* Right now we can host only “ A Flexible Vegetarian “
Quoted from website :
a flexible vegetarian is someone who wants to cut down on the meat and fish they eat, eating it only occasionally.
Life is dominated by rules. So when it comes to the food you’re eating or the recipes you are cooking, being ‘flexible’ is about being ready, relaxed and able to adapt to different circumstances. It’s about what suits you at the time.
5. Local sight: Around our place, full of agriculture field but we don't recommend you to walk around because lots of stray dogs or even if they have owners, they're not well trained, they can bite you. But if you insist on going out, we cannot stop you but please keep in mind, that we will not take any responsibility. In the city, you can explore the downtown with temples, King Rama X's old palace and parks. Also you can enjoy street foods around down town.
6. For ladies, if you have period and use commercial pad/tampons that cannot be compostable, kindly take them to dispose outside. Here we use cotton pad so no waste. We’d suggest reusable cup, sea sponge and cotton pad since we are trying to live zero waste life. Thank you for your understanding.
7. For Visa application, we will not write any invitation letter or give away our address. This is our advise, use hotel address that you’ll be staying before coming here instead.
8. Here we always smile so make sure you do the same :)
If you read everything from above and still interested in helping us, write to us with a subject : "I love muffin", otherwise we won't reply to you.
We want you to know the worst and if you're ok with it, you're welcome here. We really want a helping hand and caring heart.
How to come to our place;
Please go to Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal (Sai Tai Mai) at Talingchan and take van with either route Bangkok - Dan Chang (No. 994) and get off at PTT fuel gas station (Tab Yai Taow), opposite of Venus Inn and then we'll pick you up. It'll take around 1 hour and 15 mins. Our place is 15 km from the city of Nakhon Pathom, 30 mins by car.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
We have wifi spot around the area, you can chose where you want to work as you’d like
We have carpark area and close to toilets
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: