Bisher 1676 mal gespeichert
Update 21 June 2020:
My name is Thomas, originally from Germany and I live here in the vegan-hills with 2 sometimes 3 cats in a colorful community/neighborhood of people (18 different nationalities) who found and come together through veganism and bought these huge land in the wild South West Algarve.
Sadly the region has been catch June 2020 by the biggest wild-fire in the local history. Our whole land with the beautiful nature and many homes are burned down.
Now as it is safe again, we need a lot of help from volunteers who don't mind to make there hands literally dirty, to clean and regenerate the land re rebuild some homes.
I can host at my own spot 4-5 Volunteers at the same time and everyone who comes with a own tent or campervan. And also others in the community start now hosting volunteers.
Please take the time to read my whole profile, before you get in contact with me :)
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
As I am not a local and also all other members of the community are not nativ, I can't offer you a portuguese, cultural exchange. Beside of that we are physically a bit isolated from local settlements.
About learning, it depends a lot, how long you will stay, if you stay only one or even two weeks, maybe you learn just how to hold a shovel or use a pickax. If you stay longer, there a for sure more opportunities to getting a impression about off-grid living, permaculture, wood-working, veganism and non-violent ways of life.
If socializing one of your higher priority's:
Currently we are only ~20 people + volunteers spread out over more as 100ha. So we do not live close together or spend time together automatically every day (maybe now we do, after the fire). Therefore, please do not expect this typical things by the wording "community".
First of all: There is only physical work to do, outside, so you have to be fit!
Most of the times you can decide for yourself when you take a break and when you take a day off.
Things to be done:
- land cleaning, collecting the burned trash and the rest of the dead plants needs to collected
- ditch/trench and tree holes digging
- cave digging (always possible, but have no priority)
- gardening we can start with building a new windshild (but also no priority)
- watering the plants in pots and in the greenhouse
- start with a new tree nursery
- create new paths
- dig in water and power lines
- dismantle burned construction
- help with any task about rebuilding our ruins
- a bit normal household work, cleaning the bathrooms and kitchen, help with cooking or making the laundry
I highly recommend to bring your own working gloves ...and no white clothing! :)
German (native), English (Community Standard), a little bit of many others
(the bathroom for volunteers is a separate building and burned a bit, but until we build something new, it is still usable)
- with running water (but please save water, especially in summer)
- with a indoor (not hot) shower (please use only biodegradable, eco friendly soap/shampoo)
- with a indoor compost toilet
(there is a kitchen in the house and a outdoor kitchen, both with a fireplace, electricity and running water)
- in the morning you can make your self a basic breakfast, like toast, yam, oats, cornflakes and a apple or banana.
- We cook at least ones a day for everyone, usually it is enough for lunch an dinner.
- I also like to make muffins, humus or other snacks for the time between.
- If you bring any food by your own, even if it is only for you, please: no animal product (only vegan)!
- There was an amazing treehouse only for volunteers, what is sadly also gone by the fire.
- Now there will be two big tents with proper double beds, electricity and wifi signal.
My own tiny house
(you always welcome to come in and to feel home)
- Here is the indoor kitchen, with fridge and freezer and even a washing machine
- Anytime you need, you also can use here the bathroom
- In best case, you are not a smoker.
You can also come with your own tent- or camper van.
Dogs are also welcome, but as I have free cats, they need to be on a leash and can not come in to the house.
For long term volunteers special arrangements can be made.
In your off-time you can do:
- surfing, if you are mobile by your own (the nearest beach is 8km by car)
- use the slakline
- play beach volleyball behind the house
- explore the surroundings / go hiking
- do yoga, meditate, read, relax in a hammock
- go swimming in one of a close by lake
- do board or card games
- visit others members and volunteers in the community
- I can lend two bikes, but you would be responsible for
The closest "village" is Pedralva, in case you have no car, I can pick you up there but also in Vila Do Bispo.
Be aware: I can't offer a daily shuttle service and we life in the wild with no close bus station or good roads.
Coming with a trolley is also not the best idea (:
The best way to get here, is by bus until "Vila Do Bispo".
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
5 hours a day (max 25 hours, 5 days/week)
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: