Bisher 1195 mal gespeichert
I´m an artist and dancer from Wales and I teach English in my little Academy in the nearby town. I have two daughters who are currently in university. We fell in love with the island when we moved here fourteen years ago, and we love to share this with our visitors.
We would love to have your help here, an artistic retreat centre in the heart of Nature. This is an eco house set in a Bio banana finca, perched on the edge of a cliff overlooking the spectacular Barranco de las Angustias. It´s far from other houses and roads and light pollution and provides a spectacular and unrivalled view of the stars at night!
Furthermore it is a great location to directly start hiking into the nationalpark from here!
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Betreuung von Tieren
Hilfe bei Kunstprojekten
Hilfe mit Computer / Internet
English - Spanish exchange
If you have TEFL you can get experience helping with english activitiies for local children and adults
Animal care, Dogs , cats , Guinea pig, chickens and Horses.
Learn about gardening and permaculture and local ecology.
Looking after and interacting with International visitors.
Learn about local mythology
Take part in art projects
Hiking and exploring the Fabulous Island of La Palma, which is a World Biosphere reserve on account of its wildlife and Ecology It is Unesco reserve also for its Architecture and Culture, Marine reserve and a Starlight reserve , on account of its low levels of light pollution which allow an unrivalled view of the stars at night.
Dancing, music and bellydance
and much more!
In the morning the tasks are first to take care of all the animals and the garden, and clean the house.
After this it is time for our creative tasks: the Quests.
These can be very different ones: From building a compost toilet to creating a cascade to energize the water for our pool or creating a beautiful wall with clay ornaments , creating magical meditation gardens ,sewing and beautifying and many more!
As a workawayer here we have lots you can do - so say what you´re interested in and write before hand so we can find your best fit! If you´re involved in a big project, we can discuss how time is managed - differently to how it would be if you´re more part of the day to day running.
Each day can be a bit different so if you´re comfortable with going with the flow and scheduling your free time around what needs to be done, then you will be a good fit here.
We are relaxed and want you to have a lovely time and feel part of the family/team/Elfin tribe. Days off are compulsory!
1. General help with creating the eco garden.
2. Caring for the animals: we have 4 dogs, 5 cats, chickens coming out of our vegetarian ears, a guinea pig ,and a very old retired horse!
3. Computers and internet: general help in dealing with the challenges of technology is always appreciated
4. Building: Our main project at the moment is to renovate our broken water tank and convert it into a Positively energized water therapy pool and extra water reservoir for the Eco Banana farm crops. Small building projects are always happening here too! We need to make a compost toilet and we are always making new stone walled terraces for the garden. So any expertise in building, or general gusto for giving it a go is always welcome. We aim for eco construction methods .
5. Art projects: as an artist myself we often have art projects on the go,especially creating beautiful meditation and relaxation spaces. Come and join in!
6. Other: If you´d like to come as a workaway-ing meditation, yoga leader, or English Teacher please do!
BEFORE CONTACTING US , PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING SO YOU CAN BE SURE THAT THIS IS A GOOD FIT FOR YOU.
We are in a remote area and found that it works much better for everyone if we all use whatsapp to stay in touch.If you have whatsapp yeeeah wonderful!! Or if not please make sure you are able to download it on your phone.
We love hosting the many wonderful and interesting people who come here and like to have Workaway folks who are sociable ,and enjoy meeting people.
English and Spanish
As a workawayer you will have a lovely bed in the main communal dormitory room, which has 8 beds. We like to take turns to cook communally and make delicious vegetarian meals together. All your food is provided, and as much as possible is from the eco garden, but not if you choose to eat out in restaurants on your time off. However you are welcome to take a packed lunch on those days.
La Palma is an incredible island of legends, hiking, black sandy beaches, volcanic deserts, and lush green rainforests. The people are very friendly and open, and have many many open air fiestas!
Great for mountain biking, diving, paragliding, art and culture.... And fabulous flea markets.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
6 days a week
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: