Spring/ summer/ fall 2019:
- pile wood for the winter
- exteriour painting
- clear forest and area around the house
- some garden projects
- chores: hoovering, cleaning, cooking
- dogyard maintenance
We are a young couple, living in Langfjordbotn in Finnmark - the north of Norway. 90 km from Alta, the municipality center, shoppingcenter and the airport. Langfjordbotn is a near-perfect place for sleddogenthusiasts, for randonnee/ alpine/ skiing/hiking/tracking activities: with many of opportunities for exploring and experiencing the Alps of Kvænangen.
We are mushers: training our 16 alaskan huskies for long distance races.
Synne, 26: social worker, nothern norwegian girl with a passion for outdoor activities, and indoorsy things like baking and knitting.
Andreas, 32: southern norwegian guy, has a bachelor in wildlife management, works as a outdoors’ activity leader, passionate about mushing, alaskan huskies and outdoors life.
Lars Edvard: our baby, born 2018
Pelle, 1: house dog,m. A mix between Beagle and Finsk Støver.
We, Synne and Andreas, are normally working 100% jobs. Synne is working with child welfare services in Øksfjord, and Andreas is working at a rehabilitation center for former drug- addicts located in Langfjordbotn.
Heimwerker- und Bauarbeiten
Babysitten und Kinderbetreuung
Zubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die Familie
Betreuung von Tieren
A workawayer at our place can learn:
- About ceeping sled dogs and all that includes.
- About living in the north of norway: culture, food, history ++
- Learn about the nature and characteristic features of nature in the north of Norway: northern ligths during winter, midnigth sun during summer.
We will do our best to facilitate that the workawayer will have the opportunity to spend his/ hers free time in the way they want: as long as he or she is doing something!
This area is great for:
- photography (amazing ligths outside, with each season having its own special characteristics), /skiing/snowboarding/hiking in the alps of Kvænangen and Loppa - and perhaps something indoorsy like knitting, reading, yoga or so in the evenings.
It is very important for us that a workawayer here, is independent and has the ability to activate him/ herself. Spending your time laying still in your room- doing nothing, is no option here. If you are planning on coming here, you should also plan to make the most out of your stay. Please ask, and we will try to help you planning your stay and give alternatives for activities and locations to see.
You must bring your own hiking gear, skiing gear and personal clothes/shoes.
Bring your own sleeping bag and mat if you plan on going camping.
You can borrow some outdoor-equipment from us: hammock, backpack, and such: we will also be helpful if you need to/ want to buy some equipment.
We will provide you with clothes and shoes/ boots for the dogyard tasks during your stay.
We are looking for self-driven volunteers, that can take initiatives all by themselves, age 22+ and with a drivers licence ONLY. We look for help out with various tasks around the house, garden and the dogyard/ dogs.
The help we seek for covers a wide range of things. It's good with a previous experience in construction, wood works and carpentry, as we have building projects going on. We expect you to take initiatives, and take part in all daily life tasks.
• 22 yo and older
• Driver’s License
• In good physical shape
• You have no health problems that limits you in doing physical tasks
• Hardworking, responsible, and flexible
• You must be genuinely interested in dogs
• You MUST be a self-starter. If there’s not something going on, it’s really nice to have someone that just starts doing small tasks to help out/ or go out and do something/ explore on their own.
This is not a 9 - 5 job but more our lifestyle so it’s important that you are a flexible person (and so are we), as it sometimes will be more than 5-hour days, and sometimes less than 5-hour days. Here is a little overview of the tasks :
We have seen that we need someone who can:
- help out in the dogyard while Andreas or Synne is training the dogs: help us getting in and out of the dogyard.
- prepeare snackings for the dogs,
- prepeare food and racefood for the dogs,
- prepeare/ put together dog booties ect.
- keep the dogyard clean and tidy ect.
- Maintenance (fencing, reparing cages, dog-houses and sled-dog equipment,)
- Walk and play with our puppies.
We also need help in and around the house:
- housework/ chores
- Help with making weekly dinnerplans and lists for grocery shopping + help out with grocery shopping once a week.
- painting and building stuff/ fixing things. (Summer-season 2019 will be finishing porches, building a year-around hen-house, clear forest, woodwork, renovate our woodshed-area, build a new fence around the dogyard, and put up a fence around the property, painting the exteriour on all buildings.)
- gardening in the summer
- showel snow in the winther
- take care of Pelle (our housedog) when we are busy doing something else, and give him walks/ runs/ on the days he is not out training with the huskies.
- building projects
- prepare wood for the winther during summer/fall
- bring in wood for the stove during winterseason
People with experience from dogyards or carpentry will be given priority, but if you think you can help out in a good way- you are welcome to apply even without experience. Training and guidance will of course be given when needed. Be aware that there will be a TWO WEEKS TRIAL PERIOD, after which we can both decide to continue - or not.
YOUR MESSAGE SHOULD INCLUDE
• A few sentences about yourself and where you’re coming from
• A few sentences about why you want to volunteer with us
• How long you intend to stay + dates
• Previous Workaways and work experiences
• Language skills
• Allergies or dietary restrictions
We get so many messages on a daily basis that aren’t personalized, so unfortunately if you don’t include the information we are asking for, - then you can not expect to get a fast answer from us.
The workawayer, or workawayers will be living in a private room/ loft across the driveway.
We will all share the bathroom, laundryroom, and kitchen in the main house. You can also use our sauna.
We generally have breakfast separately (to keep some privacy). Most days we try to eat dinner together. We share dinner tasks and everyone can share their cooking skills!
- We keep one household, that means that you will have the same food as us, even for the meals you will have in your private loft. In norway we eat bread for breakfast and lunch, and that is also what will be offered for the workawayer. That also means that we can not accept people who keeps a vegetarian or vegan diet. You will have to buy your own snacks, fruits and such.
We are both gluten and lactose- intolerant, so guidance will be given if you are not familiar with cross-contamination. We will get you your own normal bread and milk.
IMPORTANT: There is no Wifi connexion at your loft. Please also notice that our house and dog-kennel is located with no next-door neighbors, 1 hr drive from the city, and you won't have a lot of transport possibilities. If you like to be around a lot of people all the time, this is not the correct place for you. If you are not in balance with yourself, it might be too isolated for you here.
To get to Langfjordbotn, you travel by plane to Alta. In Alta we can pick you up, or you can take the bus at 16.00pm, and we will (of course) drive you back to the airport at the end of your stay.
The public transport is bus, and the bus is two times a day, exept on mondays- no bus on mondays that is.
As mentioned several times in the profile, the workawayer must have a drivers license- and the actual ability to drive a car.
We have two cars in our household, and one of them that can be at your disposal when wanted or needed.
We expect people to be honest, interested in learning, hard working, not afraid to ask for guidance, independent, self-driven, TIDY and trustworthy.
We have some simple house-rules:
1. We eat breakfast separately (privacy, familiytime and slow mornings are sacred)
2. We clean up after ourself: do not leave your stuff around the house and put away your dishes.
3. Work hard.
4. Use the opportunities that this area offers: its free and acsessable every day.
5. Be honest: this goes both ways, and is the golden rule of making your stay a good experience both for you and for us.
6. Privacy is golden: before 10.30 and after 20.00, we need to spend time alone as a family.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
Dieser Gastgeber bietet Platz für Wohnmobile.
5 hours a day, maximum 5 days a week.
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: