We are looking for doglovers that can stay and help us the whole period from now to end of March 2019!
We are a couple that lives close to the nature together with 40+ Alaskan Huskies.
Malin is 30 years old and is born in northern Sweden. She is a educated zookeeper, a certified mountain & wilderness guide and a professional dog trainer/instructor. For several years she has also been working at a farm where she produced ecological cheese from goat milk.
In March 2017 Malin won the Swedish Championships in Long Distance with our sled dogs, the race was 350 km and she used less than 2 days.
Lars, 44 years old, comes originally from Germany, but has been spending longer parts of his life in Scandinavia. Lars works as a nature photographer and is publishing books, articles and pictures - typically with the topics nature, animals, traveling and outdoor life.
The farm is located in Gargnäs, Västerbotten, in Swedish Lapland. The area is rich on animal- and wildlife. We started in january 2013 to build up our own sled dog kennel and everything is still in progress.
Here we don't have any nightclubs or cinemas, just the silence of the nature. - And we love it!
We are looking for a responsible and trustful person that can help us with the daily chores around our sled dogs and all other daily work at our farm. It is NOT possible to bring your own dog.
The working days can be long and the work is physical demanding. In exchange for your help at the farm we offer food and accommodation and you get one day off / week.
As a helper in our place you will become like a part of our family. You will get your own small room in our house/or a small cottage on the yard and share bathroom and kitchen together with us. We will teach you everything we know about living in the wilderness and about sleddogs of course. If you want to spend time in our place you need to have a real interest in sled dogs and wanting to learn everything about them.
For the right person with the right interests and attitude it will be a lot of fun!
Is this something for you?
- You are minimum 20 years old
- Have a drivers license
- Have experience in building (alt. working with sled dogs)
- Have experience in working with animals (preferable dogs or horses)
- You are hard working, responsible and flexible
- You are able to work alone and together in group
- You have good language skills in English, German or Swedish
- You want to stay for at least 2 months
Please include in your request:
- Period you want to stay
- Intentions to come to our farm
- Earlier working experiences
- Language skills
- Allergies or special dietary requirements
- Pictures of you
- Anything else that you think is important for us to know
We are looking forward to hear from you!
We get a lot of requests and have unfortunately not the possibility to answer everyone. If we see that you have a real interest in helping us and the more complete your request is the bigger the chance is that you get a reply.
When we accept one person it means that a lot of others get their request denied, therefore it is important that we can really trust you.
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
- Socializing puppies and young dogs
- Helping with the training of the sled dogs
- Helping with feeding, cleaning and other daily care of the dogs
- Maintenance and building on the farm (building and repairing doghouses, fences, kennels, etc.)
- Helping with cooking, cleaning and other daily routines in the house
- Prepare and guide sled dog tours (winter)
- Training sled dogs (winter)
Swedish, German, English
You live in your own small room in our house and share bathroom and kitchen together with us.
We live on the countryside and have very limited internet access. Therefore we can unfortunately not provide internet to our helpers. There is reception for the mobile phone and often people are using internet via their phones.
max 25 hours/week- Varied - Contact us for more information