We are a community based organisation established in 2012 to respond to the vast social problems of the most under-resourced and remote areas of Uganda.
Our activities aspire to creating sustainable change in communities through building sustainable infrastructures which are then maintainable by the community members.
our aim is to create "a sustainable world with equal opportunities and resources for all mankind". And in order to achieve this, we collaborate with community members and local authorities to gather valid solutions to the common social problems and we come out with the best priorities.
our major programs works under;
(1) offering educational support to the orphans and vulnerable children by providing scholastic , finding and placing them into low-tuition schools. we also regularly visit these children and inspire them, guide and engage them in exercising their abilities.
(2), Fostering community development by mentoring and empowering families, youths and women groups in development through training and workshops, creation of village savings and loan associations (VISLA), working on general community needs such as construction of community and school water sources, environmental friendly cooking stoves as well as promoting health and wellness through awareness and campaigns on family planning, domestic violence and prevention of HIV/AIDS.
(3), vocational and life skills training for youths, thereby creating job opportunities and fighting poverty among the youths.
(4), Promotion of human and environment rights through sensitization.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
We are a growing nonprofit that seeks people who are heartfelt about community issues, who would need to part of the growing organisation.
We hereby want you to be part of the team, with whatever you can do physically and virtually; your efforts can reach the disadvantaged and under-served majorities.
we need volunteers interested or having skills to help us with;
1. Project design and development ( we want volunteers who can help us gather ideas into a project or program that can help the community)
2. Permaculture projects for orphans and single mothers ( this could be flower,vegetable,herbs growing)
3. with training the orphans in various areas such as drama, music, dance, sports,Story reading/telling.
4. we want help with administrative work such as blogging, social media updates & promotion, filming & editing village/orphan life stories.
5. Training computer ,business skills, crafts ,sewing, screen playing, movie acting and music to empower and giving a chance to village teenage mothers and orphan girls to discover and benefit from their talents.
6. Counseling and career guidance to orphans at the primary school.
7. Also, we are trying to construct a skills community center for orphans,vulnerable children,widows, Single mothers, school dropouts,the educated and uneducated,people with HIV/AIDS.This center will be a center for everyone one in the community where everyone is welcome.therefore we do need someone who can help us reach this goal either by ideas, advices, connections to those who can. We shall be grateful.
Your efforts today with our community shall remain productive for the next generation.....so come and be part of the growing team, leave a trace of your work and get a certificate of appreciation!
Firstly, this is an awesome opportunity for you to experience the African culture. we get you involved with our community members and families, thereby adding to your intercultural knowledge.
We have a newly included package for all volunteers, who would like to tour around Uganda whilst assisting in projects work. Here, you can commit half of your stay to the projects and half to touring around. Our team is ready to take you around all tourist places of your choice.
Note that most Ugandan and international tourist companies charge a lot to take you around these places, yet the entry fees to tourist places are low. with us, you will save a couple of dollars which are charged on you as profits to these companies.
If you are interested in the cheap tours around Uganda, just get in touch with us for more details! our package out-competes the huge charges of touring companies!!!
english, and you will be taught speaking Luganda by local people or children
The volunteers house is located in Mukono town, 27km away from the projects location (katosi) and its a 3 bedroom house with electricity, internet, enough water and flush toilets. The house is located in a safe, quiet and secure environment, suitable for relaxing.
We often travel from the volunteers house to the projects location by private means.
our working area is near a big lake, volunteers can go fishing with the local people, touring on islands and see the most beautiful African birds and animals.
Most of our volunteers lived here, enjoyed to the extent of not leaving. the cool wind, a school on uphill viewing the lake, abundant love and cooperation from local people.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
5 hours daily 5 days a week
In developing countries (Where most hosts are involved in charity work or community development) some of our hosts may ask for a small donation to help the host family or charity (often less then 5 dollars per day) Workaway will allow this listing when the donation goes directly to the family or charity and is just to cover the cost of the volunteers stay. (This will be clearly marked on the host listing).
We will strictly not allow listings posted by agents, “middle men” or projects who we feel are looking to profit from a volunteers stay.