Please read the full listing:)-, before you contact me, please :))
Welcome to my home in the heart of the small but beautiful city of Kochi in Kerala, South India, blessed with many off beat beaches and backwater lands around. Beautiful village regions are as close as 10 minutes away.
You could help with any of the following, in exchange for accommodation and home cooked food and more:).
A - FRENCH - I travel to France every year and I really would like to learn French. I already know some words and sentences in French
B - MASSAGE - I started working as a masseur when in France and I really wish to improve myself. I am eager to gain more knowledge, learn different styles and different ways of thinking and approaching massage. May be I can also share my knowledge if you are a novice about massage.
C- CLEANING - I can't find time and energy to keep my small place clean. You could help with the details. No need to lift heavy things and such :).
I have volunteered myself in France and Spain, so I know how you feel and you will be a friend in my home, be assured.
Kochi International airport is well connected with most prominent airlines from around the world.
I am a simple human, living a very simple life , with a heart aspiring to be a free spirit.
I like to Give Respect, Care, Love, Support and empathy, without expecting it back.
During my travels, I have always enjoyed the talks with locals, their wisdom,companionship and emotional support which helped me learn and change. Want to give back .
Converted myself into being rational and open minded after having born and brought up in a fanatically religious family. I wont believe just because some old manuscripts say so or because it’s a national thought or because I have been taught so from my childhood. Every human or soul have different personalities in them and fluctuates between good and bad and evolve and change. I believe I have evolved too..
J'adore simplicity, honesty and Compassion.
Love markets, having tea from small roadside shops during bike rides, listening and talking, observing people. Am fine with both in/outdoors.
Not into parties / posh eateries or gadgets.
Was a Pro photographer till 2007, did exhibitions in Sydney and Nice.
For 10 years, I helped running an internationally renowned Indian cultural centre
I work in Travel, in India :: In France I do Massage.
My partner was French and mostly in France, we are into open relations and Polyamory.
-to discuss Social issues / justice , International affairs, India culture and so on
Massage has become a passion for me
Exercising is another passion
Photography - even if I don't take pictures anymore
Am a football fan. I love FC Barcelona and Leo Messi.
Love watching movies, from around the world.
''Capitalism will cut down the tree, if it can’t sell its shadow''
Help in the house
- You can live in my home and have home cooked food in exchange.
- I have a motor bike and if I can manage time, I can give you bike rides to the beaches, backwater areas or around the city itself
- I can give Massages, free of course, introducing you into Ayurvedic oils. Am glad to practice, so will give massage with pleasure.
- You could help my friend, a vegetable seller, in the charming market, during the peak hours in the evening; This could be funny and enriching
- Am more than happy for conversations with you. I can discuss with you on almost any topic about India, even its multiple hard truths. I can recommend you books or movies, the latter we could watch together too. I have a good collection of movies and tv serials from around the world.
- My lady cook, who is there for 2 hours in the morning, can introduce you into cooking. (she might expect some tips if you learn with her, when you leave)
- If you like to improve your core health, I can help you with exercises.
- I can give you expert travel advice for India as am myself a travel professional.
- I can help you with photography tips.
You could help with any of the options:-
A - FRENCH - Even some sentences and words would be good enough; we could spend 1 hour or so in the morning, before I go to work.
B - MASSAGE - I am eager to gain more knowledge, learn different styles and different ways of thinking and approaching massage. After my work and dinner.
C- CLEANING - You could help with the details. No heavy lifting and such :). ;you can pick the time you want to work.
I go for work around 1 -2 pm and is back by 10 -11 pm. So your dinner would be late. You would be going to sleep too, a bit late. You can sleep late for sure.
English. Some words in French, Tamil, bits of Hindi plus my mother tongue Malayalam
My flat has only one bed room and a living room. You can sleep in the bed room (Non AC). I will sleep in the living room floor. There is one bathroom, to share, which is accessible only from the bed room. i will provide you with linen too.
A very kind lady cook for me, who come for 2 hours – Monday through Saturday - to cook lunch and dinner (you wont have to bear my cooking). I can make you morning tea, which is not bad I assure you. So You will have home cooked food 6 days a week normally. You could also learn some cooking :) with her
Food is simple and we might have fish, depending on fresh fish availability, once or twice in a week. Lunch is normally rice with some curries and dinner is mostly some pan cakes or breads made of rice/wheat with some curry.
Your dinner would be late.
My flat is located on the 7th floor and there is a lift, but not guaranteed to work 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- AM FORMALLY REGISTERED WITH THE INDIA GOVT FRRO(foreigners registration) AND I SUBMIT THE C FORM, ONLINE. PLEASE KEEP A XEROX OF YOUR PASSPORT AND VISA PAGE TO HELP ME DO THIS - There is a photocopy place right below the flat This is obligatory by law. I agree most people in India don't do this....
- If you do not have any interest in the culture or life or host and cant spend some time for some conversations with me, then please do not contact me.
- If you are strictly into early sleeping then my home is not ideal for you.
ABOUT KOCHI & visits possible:
Kochi is made up of many islands, even if the main city Ernakulam is on the main land, there are many attraction within the nearby islands.
You can explore the city, which has a nice market, the charming broadway, and the leisurely Marine drive.
Fort Kochi, the historic part, is just a 20 minutes ferry boat ride away and costs just Rs.4 one way.
You can reach the Cherai beach in a one hour bus ride, means you could visit the beach every day if you want a swim in the warm water!
You can enjoy a day trip to the beautiful backwater region of Alleppey, arguably the most beautiful nature attraction in India.
You can make day trip to Athirappally waterfalls or to the temple town of Guruvayur which has more than 60 temple Elephants in one palace compound
These day trips can be easily done with public transport and will not cost you more than Rs.300 per day (4 Euros)
Lots of transport options available. Bus station, Railway, Metro, Ferry everything is just 3 - 20 minutes walk away.
Lots of eating out options too.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Maximum 1-2hours a day, 5 days a week