-- Since my both sons left home I am living alone (almost, i do have a cat called Yang) in Assen, Drenthe, Netherlands (northern part). My house is situated nearby the woods and the fields around Assen, but also nearby the (center of) the city, where you can find a railwaystation, a museum, parks, a library and of course shops.
-- From Assen it is easy to go almost anywhere in the Netherlands by train. In the surroundings of Assen you can walk, bike, see dolmen and nice villages. If you like Dutch nature you can enjoy yourself here.
-- I am a 68 year old man, but still feeling young, doing severel things as a volunteer and for fun (as I don't have to work anymore). I like walking, biking, visiting friends, preparing meals, reading, learning languages, gardening, and so on. I like to do things in my own way, but I consider myself a social person. I don't smoke, eat vegetarian and organic if possible. I do speak Dutch, English, German, French and some Portuguese and Spanish
-- My house has room enough to offer you a nice place to stay for a while. I think you will meet a nice person here and I hope to meet a nice person too.
I suggest to work for about 20 hours during a week. Four hours a day for example, except the weekend. (in consultation we can decide otherwise)
I prefer to exchange services instead of money.
What I ask from you:
- 15 -20 hours of help a week
- accepting and respecting houserules
- cleaning your own room, doing your own laundry
- no smoking, no drugs
- buying your own (special) drinks
- respecting my sons and friends when here
What I offer you:
- a bedroom and a good bed
- daily healthy vegetarian meals when in the house
- free use of towels
- free coffee and tea
- free wifi
- the use of a bike
- some trips in the neighbourhood, some sightseeing together
i prepare a warm meal (almost) every day. So, for me it is no problem to be your cook. But, if you like, we can prepare meals together or alternately.
Help in the house
You can stay here for free, having a bedroom including good meals. If you like doing things together I can show you the surroundings of Assen, or even more. I have a car. I can lend you a bike.
What you can find here; natureparks, dolmen ( called hunebedden in Dutch), burial mounds, museums, old villages. When you are interested in (Dutch) archeology and history of this area there are many locations to visit and to see. In the city of Assen you will find all kinds of shops, a theater and a cinema, a museum, parks, a recreationcenter, sportschools and so on. The city of Groningen is nearby (by train) and offers almost everything you expect from a 'big town'.
I am busy doing several things that are necessary for the maintenance of my house and household. Sometimes I can use some help (for example: cleaning, ordening, painting, repairing, gardening).
For example: Inside the house and outside the house there is some painting to do. So, good or bad wheather, work can be done. And painting is not the only thing to do.
If you speak a language I like to learn (or i am busy learning) you can help me with that as well. i would like to.
Dutch , English, German, French, some Spanish, some Portugues
Normal familyhouse with four bedrooms and a garden in a nice and rather quiet neighbourhood in the city of Assen .
For you there will be a separate room to sleep, and, when you like, to be on yourself.
- The northern part of the Netherlands is an interesting area to explore (depending on what you like or prefer of course).
Drenthe is known as a pittoresque and rather quiet part of the Netherlands because of its nature, history and archeology.
- Drenthe is best explored walking or biking. And it is very easy to find your way because there is quite a smart system along the roads to make different tours.
- You can visit several villages, cities, natureparks and dolmen. And you can even visit the northern islands. On a distance of about 70-100 km you 'll find the 'waddeneilanden', nice islands to go to by boat for a daytrip or longer. In Friesland (distance from 50-100 km) you will find many lakes and quite a few historical cities.
- You can even visit the borderarea of Germany. The historical city of Groningen is nearby Assen (25 km, by bus or by train).
- If you like to see 'Holland' (the old Dutch cities for example), you can get there by train within two or three hours.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
about 4 hours a day
Accuracy of profile: