We are an inn and hostel located in the beautiful village of Hongcun, both a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the setting of a few scenes in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. The working environment is relatively relaxed. You will have free time everyday and one day a week for travel. You can check out Hongcun or other sites around the area, such as Xidi and Mukeng, among others.
Every night we have travellers from all over staying in our inn. You can hang out with them, play pool, play cards, play and listen to music, etc. It is a lot of fun and very interesting. You will make lots of new friends from all over China. If you are interested in Chinese, Chinese culture or just want to meet interesting people, it's a great place to volunteer!
It is better if you speak Chinese so you can chat with the guests, but English is okay too if you are not Chinese. Many Chinese people are happy to practice their English with foreigners!
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
The first and most important requirement: you must be interested in working in our inn, love to travel and love the inn’s culture.
1．Our inn’s environment is relatively relaxed. In fact, the inn has been relatively free of strenuous work! If you are not capable of doing something, that is okay. But since it is a job, you have to complete a responsible amount of work. Occasionally while the boss goes out, you can work with our family friends.
2. You should be cheerful, warm, generous and patient. You essentially serve all of our guests. While you occasionally might be a little frustrated or in a bad mood, you have to learn to control yourself. If you are upset you can find someone to talk to, but please do not take it out on our guests!
1. If you can speak some simple English (or a simple Japanese and Korean) it is best. Just normal everyday communication is fine, so you can treat Chinese people and foreigners equally. Put this requirement last, because we believe that a sincere smile and friendly service is the best language for communication! As long as you are able to understand non-standard Mandarin and are able to communicate, you can be friends. If you can only speak English, that is alright, but a little Chinese is preferable. Other volunteers and workers in the inn may not be able to speak English.
2. Have a certain ability, such as cooking, painting, or calligraphy.
3. We have several dogs, a monkey, and a cat in our small courtyard. Do not be afraid because they are very nice and very cute.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
1. Helping building the owner wood house on the mountain, the work need strength and you may have to sleep on a tent or on a room in the wood house.
2. Assisting the front desk staff in explaining our inn’s facilities and services.
3. Cleaning parts of the inn.
4. Helping with preparing food at the snack bar.
5. Completing a volunteer log.
6. Providing help and responsible answers to questions.
Schedule will be adjusted according to the tourist season.
7. Doing publicity work. If you have a Douban, Renren, Sina microblog, facebook or other social networking websites, post some fun pictures and impressions of our inn.
Please send some details about yourself and a few recent photos (color photos of your ordinary life are fine) and leave your contact information to make it convenient to confirm details with you. Explain whether you have previous volunteer or other social experiences, as well as your entry time and working time (this is very important).
We are looking for someone who can stay at least 2 weeks.
You can eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner with us everyday for free. A bed in a shared room will be provided.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
My Photo Album