Are you looking for placements in a modern, convenient, touristic city or in the countryside? Or maybe BOTH? We have the best of both worlds!
We have two projects: one is in Cam Duc and was launched in June 2016, another is in Nha Trang and was launched in October 2017.
We are two teams of young, ambitious and out-going women who strike to connect our students with the rest of the world.
- We aim to create an authentic learning environment for local kids and young adults. Limited interaction with foreigners has narrowed their opportunities to practice English. In Cam Duc, many young adults cannot afford college (financially or intellectually), therefore good English is their only chance to find a good job. Those difficulties make them even more MOTIVATED to learn English.
- Other tasks alongside with teaching help volunteers immerse in the local cultures and be helpful when they can't or aren't teaching English.
Babysitting / child care
Help in the house
This is a great immersion in the local culture which involves delicious local food, amazing natural sights and tourist attractions as well as hours of chatting and having fun with the locals.
The biggest market in town is within walking distance from the school with fresh, tasty and very cheap local fruits, vegetables, snack, desserts and many things else. Students and local teachers will be glad to accompany you for a fun and cultural discovering shopping tour. Please feel free to ask if you would like companions.
We can provide you a guide for local food. Again, it's a lot of fun to eat out with students and local teachers.
Students and local teachers are often excited to teach you some basic Vietnamese if you are interested. Linguistic exchange sections are usually full of fun and laughter.
Ideally, volunteer teachers are
- English native speakers
- or certified English teachers with good accent
- or confident in the classroom/ love kids/ experienced in teaching English
- willing to do other tasks when assigned
Volunteers are required to help with:
In Cam Duc:
- teaching English to kids/teens/adults (for more or less 15 hours per week, 30 mins lesson planning for every 90 - 120 minutes teaching is included in the working hour)
- helping local team members practise English
- cleaning the volunteer the school once a week (day and time of your choice)
- cleaning the volunteer room (the day before you leave)
- fixing stuff (if you can and when needed)
In Nha Trang:
- teaching English to kids (for more or less 10 hours per week, 30 mins lesson planning for every 90 - 120 minutes teaching is included in the working hour)
- cleaning the house and/or the school once a week (day and time of your choice)
- helping around the house (cleaning, cooking, walking the dogs or whatever you can)
Classes are normally 90 - 120 mins in the evening (5:00 - 9:00, Mon - Sat), in the afternoon (on Fridays and Saturdays) and also in the morning (Fri - Sun).
- We require smart casual dress code. Jeans and T-shirts are OK but NOT shorts, tank tops and flip-flops.
- Lesson planning must be taken seriously. An experienced teacher often needs about half an hour to prepare for a 1.5 hour lesson. Local teachers are glad to assist with lesson planning when needed.
- I ALWAYS write feedback for volunteers after their stay.
IN CAM DUC:
- It's a private airconed bedroom about 5 km from the school.
- You are provided with a SCOOTER to commute so it's necessary that you feel comfortable riding one with/without a passenger for 10 km a day.
- Food is provided.
IN NHA TRANG:
- You are sharing the house with us. We have a bed in where used to be the living room because there's only bedroom.
- School is within walking distance but you can use my scooter to go around the town
- Food is provided.
The school in Cam Duc is located in a small non-touristic town where you may be the only travelers. It is perfect for those who want to stay away from busy noisy city life for a while. Nearest beaches are just 20 minutes by motorbike. Some are full of locals and activities while some are less visited.
Want to do fancy shopping or sightseeing? The city of Nha Trang is just one hour away. Air-conditioned bus is every half an hour from 5:30 AM to 5:30 PM. Riding a motorbike along the coastline for breath-taking views of the sea and mountains. The nearest beach is within walking distance and other tourist attractions are a few minutes away by scooter.
100 egg theme park is 30 minutes away with hot spring, mud bath and chilling atmosphere for a perfect day doing nothing except relaxing.
Dalat - a nearby city is a truly hidden treasure on the mountain and just a few hours away. Two consecutive days off from work is enough for a getaway to Dalat.
Adult students will be more than happy to join you for a weekend trip either to those places or other surprising destinations.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
20 hours per week