We are looking for some help with a variety of items from child care, general housekeeping, garden work, yard maintenance and firewood processing. We prefer a minimum 1-month stay so we can get to know our helpers and to fully embrace the experience. Longer stays are also welcome.
Thanks and looking forward to meeting you!
We are an Off-Grid tourism destination on a quest for self-sufficiency. We operate year-round and focus on developing and integrating various sustainable practices, such as compost humanure, alternative building, operate with Solar power and growing organic food.
We also offers to guests & visitors (and helpers, of course):
• Infinite wilderness - 500 acres, with crown land surrounding
• Extensive trail system - hiking, mountain biking, snowshoeing, back-country skiing, kicksledding
• Water access - canoeing, kayaking, tubing, fishing, swimming
• Sliding park - winter tubing and sliding
• Event ground - sporting events, music festival, retreats, workshops, school and community events, etc.
• Accommodations - Log cabins, Yurt, Glamping and Camping
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
You will get to be a part of our family and see what it's like to live off-the-grid in a more remote and rural setting. If English is not your first language, you will have an opportunity to interact and improve your English skills.
We will provide you with accommodation, food and free access to all facilities & activities. You will be living 'off the grid’; with beautiful, pristine forest surrounding you.
You will be required to:
• love and embrace nature
• Have interest in physical work
• Be willing to be away from Internet for portions of the day
• Be independent, efficient and trust-worthy
• Be friendly and have good communication skills
Help is needed in the following fields, depending on preference, skill, season, project at hand, etc.:
• Household - child care, cooking and general assistance
• Firewood - for indoor and outdoor fires
• Gardening and yard work
• Forestry - trail building and maintenance
• General maintenance and household renovations
• Event preparations to assist with Charity events
Our help exchange arrangement:
We are aware that you are looking for an experience and we will do our best to make your visit here as positive and memorable as possible. We are looking for an average of 5 hours per day; with two days off per week (may not be the weekends). We will make sure that you will receive your free time; even if there will not always be a clear structure.
Looking forward to meeting you!
Jen, Tzach and the family
Main house, trailer in the summer months or you may be able to stay in one of our vacant accommodations - (2) log cabins, Mongolian Yurt, Glamping or Camping.
Your spirit is more important than your skills, though skills are most welcome.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
5 hours a day, 5 days a week