From: United States
Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Montenegro, Romania, Slovakia (Slovak Republic)
03/04/2015 - 17/12/2018
15 workaways.... and counting.
~3.5 years of "living abroad".... and counting
I think of myself as upbeat and adventurous!
Always to be found with a smile on my face because seeing someone else smile makes other people happy (mirror neurons!) So I live with a positive outlook, happy to have experiences and be alive :)
Prefer to be surrounded by nature (LOVE skiing, cycling, hiking, and swimming)... but I equally appreciate the culture and eclectic activities of a vibrant city.
I'm a nomadic soul who hasn't stayed in one place for more than a couple months in the past 3 years. I tend to explore lesser known places, or known places in different or unique ways. I like to stay long enough to experience the culture though, and prefer slow travel and experiencing cities through hostels, hitchhiking, and workaway.
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
BA in Psychology, BA in Global Studies.
VARIETY of experience- Have volunteered teaching in summer camps, cooked and planned events for refugee organizations, cooked, bartended, or waitressed in ski resorts & beach resorts, been an Aupair, worked reception & cleaning in various hostels, created workshops & designed flyers for NGOs, created events independently, helped harvest on farms, helped painting walls & sanding wood, cooked for families...... up to ANY task!
1. Artsy things! Photography, drawing, dancing, singing, playing piano, & learning guitar :)
2. Languages- I speak Romanian and English fluently, proficient in Spanish and Italian, know bits of other languages as well..
3. English Teaching- Have about 4 years experience teaching kids and adults all around the world; private lessons, school lessons, in summer-camps, and online lessons.
4. Event-planning/coordinating- One big passion of mine is bringing people together and creating activities where we can meet and learn from one another! I also like helping people plan parts of their own life & travel....
5. Hosting workshops, public speaking- I believe there are NO limits to learning! I enjoy speaking in front of people, and creating an atmosphere of shared knowledge.
6.. Yoga, meditation, philosophy and writing... I tend to be equally extroverted and introspective. Love to facilitate deep discussions with others, as well as share moments of tranquility together.
7. Blogging/vlogging/website design/graphic design- I love making videos, flyers, social media posts...etc.
8. Vegetarian cooking & baking- I see cooking as another form of art!
But, I believe that my biggest skill is my happiness and outlook on life.
I believe everyday is a great day if we choose to see it as such.
The invisible (our thoughts) creates the visible (our world)!
Romanian, English, Spanish, Italian
US Citizen/ Romanian citizen
Studying, working, and volunteering my way around the world since 2014.
Home is anywhere.
I am fascinated by other cultures and how 7 billion of us live life in 7 billion ways.
Special dietary requirements