From: Canada & Belgium
01/01/2010 - 31/12/2019
AS A COUPLE:
In 2010 we sold almost everything and started wandering around the globe. Since then, we have decided to travel continuously around the world in order to experience a nomadic life among the locals of everywhere.
RIGHT NOW AS A FAMILY:
In 2015, we have bought an old 1985 Mercedes 207D van, renamed Keekoh, in order to roadtrip around the less-known parts of Europe. And big surprise, a new baby just came on board in February of 2017. When our little nomad was 3 months, we went for a long roadtrip around France, Spain, Portugual and Morocco last year, as we needed to get accustomed to the vanlife and our new tribe. Now, we want to get back to our initial love, the work exchanges. Helping others in their project, exchanging lifestyle, discovering a place through their eyes, therefore we are very excited to start this new journey as a family in 2019.
I'm really interested in learning about organic farming, sustainable initiatives and pregnancy (pre and post) as a doula. I want to learn new skills that have to do with self-sufficient living, self-growth and wellness. I have graduated in interior design in 2010 from a Belgium university. I hope to learn more about permaculture, in order to combine my skills and passion for natural building. Most of all, I want to attain these skills for my own evolution and to live in harmony with nature. I am also very interested about ceramic, yoga, meditation and everything about positive education & home schooling. I am creative, outgoing and very social and I am up for any kind of adventure!
I am a photographer / globetrotter / webdesigner / used to be a software engineer / willing and ready to explore this great world of ours. I am an energetic person who loves human connections, organic farming and building stuff. I speak fluently french and english with some spanish level and a touch of italian who is now a bit rusty but coming along. I love the adventure, love the teamwork, love the people, love the laughter, love to have a good time.
To know more about us, we also share our travel tips and stories on our blog (in french): http://www.detourlocal.com
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
------ Alizé ------
- good experiences in WOOFFING and permaculture (New Zeland, Costa Rica, Jamaïca, Italy)
- I can understand and speak English, I have basics in Spanish and Italian, French is my first language and I've learned Dutch in school.
- I am creative
- a lot of experiences with child care
- love to cook and try new recipes
- easy going and always happy to help
------ Maxime ------
- fast learning language skills (english, french, spanish, italian)
- photographer (landscape, HDR, panorama)
- some building, construction and renovation skills (with an old campervan, there is always new stuff to repair)
- web design / web marketing / numerical graphics skills (php coding, Google Analytics/Adwords and online placement & photoshop)
- communication in front of large group (animation, training, motivation)
- customer service skills (experience as waiter, barman, sales rep., consulter)
- good physical shape
- problem solving and management skills
Both: French (mother language), English (perfect), Spanish (intermediate for Max & beginner for Alizé), Italian (beginner)+ Alizé: Dutch (Basic)
33 & 31
Canadian and Belgian
- want to travel to a positive and motivating environment
- if you have a cool project where our help could be beneficial, we want to hear from you!!!
nope, we love it all.
Special dietary requirements