From: Canada & Belgium
France, Morocco, Portugal, Spain
06/11/2017 - 30/06/2018
AS A COUPLE:
In 2010 we sold almost everything and started wandering around the globe. Since then, we have decided to travel continuously around the world in order to experience a nomadic life among the locals of everywhere.
RIGHT NOW AS A FAMILY:
In 2015, we have bought an old 1985 Mercedes 207D van, renamed Keekoh, in order to roadtrip around the less-known parts of Europe. And big surprise, a new baby just came on board in February of 2017. We are now ready to take on another journey: Spain, Portugual and Morocco this fall and upcoming winter under a warmer sun. Those places are for us a real dream come true. The sceneries, the lifestyle, the people have always fascinated us so we are very excited to start this new journey as a family.
I'm really interested in learning about organic farming and sustainable initiatives. I want to learn new skills that have to do with self-sufficient living. I have graduated in interior design in 2010 from a Belgium university. I hope to learn more about permaculture, in order to combine my skills and passion for natural building. Most of all, I want to attain these skills for my own evolution and to live in harmony with nature. I am also very interested about ceramic, yoga, meditation and everything about positive education & home schooling. I am creative, outgoing and very social and I am up for any kind of adventure!
I am a photographer / globetrotter / webdesigner / used to be a software engineer / willing and ready to explore this great world of ours. I am an energetic person who loves human connections. I speak fluently french and english and my spanish is a bit rusty but coming along. I love the adventure, love the teamwork, love the people, love the laughter, love to have a good time.
To know more about us, we also share our travel tips and stories on our blog (in french): http://www.detourlocal.com
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
------ Alizé ------
- good experiences in WOOFFING and permaculture (New Zeland, Costa Rica, Jamaïca, Italy)
- I can understand and speak English, I have basics in Spanish and Italian, French is my first language and I've learned Dutch in school.
- I am creative
- a lot of experiences with child care
- love to cook and try new recipes
- easy going and always happy to help
------ Maxime ------
- fast learning language skills (english, french, spanish, portuguese, swahili, italian)
- photographer (landscape, HDR, panorama)
- some building, construction and renovation skills (with an old campervan, there is always new stuff to repair)
- web design / web marketing / numerical graphics skills (php coding, Google Analytics/Adwords and online placement & photoshop)
- communication in front of large group (animation, training, motivation)
- customer service skills (experience as waiter, barman, sales rep., consulter)
- good physical shape
- problem solving and management skills
Both: French (mother language), English (perfect), Spanish (intermediate for Max & beginner for Alizé), Italian (beginner)+ Alizé: Dutch (Basic)
32 & 30
Canadian and Belgian
- want to travel to a positive and motivating environment
- if you have a cool project where our help could be beneficial, we want to hear from you!!!
Special dietary requirements