Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, South Korea, Thailand, Vietnam
23/04/2018 - 20/02/2019
My name is Jérémie, I am an open-minded guy with a passion for hiking and enjoying life outdoors. I love to meet new people and discover their way of life. I have an easy going personality and as I meet new people I try to impact their lives positively! Other hobbies include fishing, camping and reading.
I grew up in a small village in northern Canada and moved at the age of 16, to the Montreal area. In Montreal, I got a college degree in electrical engineering, and I have been working in energy efficiency ever since. During high school, I was a volunteer coach for the youth soccer team of my town and had a great time doing it!
Since a young age, I have been playing various sports like hockey, badminton, water polo, soccer. Now, I play Ultimate Frisbee competitively, and hockey for fun (when it is cold enough). I am in very good physical shape and love to stay active.
It will be my first workaway experience for my trip in Asia! I am mostly interested in hands on work, especially gardening and anything related with nature, but would also like to teach. For teaching, I am at ease with small children and I love to teach them many things in a playful way. In life in general, I apply myself, and learn as much as I can, no matter what I do. I like to look at the finished product and be proud of what I accomplished!
I treat people with respect and honesty and expect the same in return.
I have no strict travel itinerary but I will be in Asia from mid april to the end of february 2019. More precisely, in Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia, China and South Korea.
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
I have learned a variety of skills through out my life. I am confident in my interpersonal skills, and anything hands on.
For volunteering experiences, I coached a soccer team for younger kids in my home town (Kapuskasing, Canada). I also made a humanitarian trip to Haiti and in the Dominican Republic and helped build a school for my brothers in need. I am a native french speaker, but I also am a fluent speaker and writer in English. I believe I would be a good teacher!
Because of my good manual dexterity, I am more than comfortable working with any tool (power tools and manual tools).
Here is a brief description of my work experience:
- Garden centre worker : taking care of plants and assuring good customer service
- Journeyman in a recycling shop : distribution of materials with a forklift and maintenance of machinery
- Renovation side jobs : Helping renovate houses (drywall installation, plastering, painting, rooftop shingles)
- Multipurpose worker in a paint pigment factory : Very varied. Machine operation, forklift driving, troubleshooting of production tools, shoveling.
- Automation technician in energy efficiency : Conception of control schematics, planning of control sequences, programming controlers, and system startups in HVAC (Heating Ventilating And Cooling) of high schools.
Perfectly bilingual (French - English)
Peace, love, music :)
Special dietary requirements