28/10/2018 - 05/03/2019
I've been working as a translator (Bulgarian and English) for the last couple of years, but now I've felt that the time has come to start travelling, volunteering and exploring. I have a bachelor's degree in philosophy and a master's degree in translation studies from the University of Veliko Tarnovo. There I met and hosted many travellers from around the world who shared with me their stories and inspired me to set off on an adventure of my own.
I don't have any specific requirements for the place that I would like to volunteer at. I'm open for participating in various projects in order to expand my skills and knowledge. I like to be close to nature, I like to listen to the sounds of nature, I like climbing trees, I like wild places with as little light pollution as possible, so I would prefer to work somewhere that is not so urbanized, that is more connected to the natural environment and has good opportunities for hiking. I also like interacting with animals. Just as well, I like playing music and jamming. Also, two other important goals for this trip are to learn to surf and to learn Spanish, so I would be curious to explore good surfing spots at some point and be able to practice the language.
I like to read, I like music, I like anthropology and learning about different cultures, I like philosophy and psychology. I am a person that appreciates a good conversation, meeting new people, sharing experiences, helping out whenever there's work to be done. I believe that every moment is a lesson and an opportunity to grow as a person, so I strive to be present whatever I'm doing.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
- Basic gardening, like planting, weeding, tilling the soil, picking up vegetables and fruits, composting
- I can teach people Bulgarian as well as English
- Cooking (vegetarian and vegan), baking bread, making desserts
- Washing dishes and cleaning - one of the best meditations
- Playing instruments (djembe and didgeridoo)
- I've participated in many volunteer cleanups
- I've been a hiking guide for Veliko Tarnovo Free Wild Tours in the past three years
English, Bulgarian, Spanish (learning)
Special dietary requirements