From: United Kingdom
Faroe Islands, France, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sri Lanka, United Kingdom
01/01/2018 - 31/12/2018
Currently working in London as European Project assistant, but hoping to escape city life and go travelling again.
I would love to work and stay somewhere I'd have the opportunity to practise and improve my surfing.
At my previous workaways I have been able to develop many skills whether that's in the kitchen or being creative and building and fixing things. Although my favourite roles have been working as host to ensure that the place has good vibes, where people are having fun and socialising with each other.
Being active is major part of my life, I play a fair amount of sport, mainly football and volleyball, and learnt to surf whilst at a workaway, which has been so rewarding in itself. I believe that using workaway whilst travelling is the best way to have an adventure where you can meet new people and discover new places.
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
- volunteer at UK Eco campsite, Beech Estate. helping to prepare the campsite for the season, March 2018
- 3 seasons as a Surf Camp host/kitchen assistant/chef for Surfana Bloemendaal, Netherlands
- Surf Hostel housekeeper, Portugal, August 2016
- housekeeper and kitchen assistant at a Eco campite in Turkey, May 2015
- first workaway experience in 2014, 10 weeks working at Atlantic Surf Lodge, Aquitaine France. As a house keeper and kitchen assistant
- Part of my university's sports teams and their committees, which involves running social events and the general organising and functioning of the clubs.
- Previously worked in hospitality, as a Assistant café manger so I have a good understanding of working with the public and improved my communication skills. Where I also had responsibilities to take care of finances and other members of staff.
- Over four years voluntary work with Sussex Wildlife Trust where I've learnt about horticulture, bush craft, organic farming and conservation.
- At Sixth college I was part of the Student Union as the Communication Co-ordinator, my role was to ensure students where kept informed as well as helping to organise social events
Special dietary requirements