From: United Kingdom
15/07/2018 - 18/07/2020
HELLO…we are both from Bristol in the UK, and we have both travelled a lot, we want to explore local areas, cultures and food, and our real love is for wildlife. Sarah has studied Marine Conservation at University and has worked on projects in the Philippines, Africa and Cuba. Myself (Joseph) is a pencil pusher, I have over 9 years of experience in Marketing which took me to New York for a year, as well as other places in the world like South Africa. We both share a passion for being outside; wildlife, nature, hiking, swimming, boating…we are there.
We both have had dogs, from a little Chihuahua called Dinky to a beautiful big Dog De Bordeux called Remy, and everything in between. My family have kept chickens, turkeys and we had three pigs, they also grow fruits and vegetables on a small scale, mainly for the family. Sarah’s Dad owns a café in which she has spent many weekends helping out, and Sarah has also worked on a fruit and vegetable cart at a market.
We are both fit and healthy, up for manual work and getting stuck in. We are looking for experiences where we can really feel a part of the local life, we are not looking to party hard but we want to leave somewhere having learned new skills and having met some amazing people.
Hopefully look forward to working with you
Joseph & Sarah
Babysitting / child care
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Sarah has a degree in Marine Biology and Conservation and Joseph doesn’t have a degree, but has over 9 years experience in marketing and events.
We are both handy people, so I found it easier to list the skills we have done before in bullet point style:
• General maintenance; Internal and external painting, simple DIY fixes (I know what a screwdriver looks like)
• Gardening; cutting grass, digging, weeding, fruit picking, hedge cutting
• Animal care; Dog walking and care, we have lived with dogs and both dog sat for people before, turkey, chicken and pig care (enjoy looking after all animals)
• Help in the house; vacuuming, cooking, dusting, washing up, shopping
• Babysitting/Child care; between us we have 16 nephews, nieces and cousins ranging from a couple of months to 14 years old
• Helping with tourists; easy cause we are tourists, we like speaking and dealing with new people and always happy to help, plus our interest in the local area and culture means we want to learn and share
• Vehicles; we can both drive, Sarah has a done a off road driving day course, Joseph has driven big vans and dumpers/diggers (might be rusty on the latter), Joseph can also ride a motorbike
• Computers; we are both capable with a computer and the internet, from typing, spreadsheets and Joseph has basic skills with Photoshop and InDesign
We pick up skills pretty quickly, and are always up for a challenge and trying something new.
30 & 29
We both have our two years work/travel VISA for Canada, Sarah arrives in Vancouver around the 10th July, and Joseph arrives around the 15th July. Sarah’s main goal is to find a job which supports her career or is at least within her field of interest. Myself (Joseph) is unsure of what I want to do and am using this break and change in scenery to work out whether I want to stay within Marketing, or have a whole career change and try something new. We will be using spare time to research companies and areas, and apply for more permanent roles so we can set ourselves up in Canada.
Any opportunities that support Sarah’s career or can lead onto other opportunities then we will definitely be keen to have those conversations.
Special dietary requirements