From: United Kingdom
Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Thailand
13/06/2018 - 13/08/2018
EDIT: Only Lizzie is currently using Workaway at the moment, Jonny has flown back to England for work.
We are two enthusiastic travellers who are new to workaway and very excited to start meeting hosts and other travellers!
We are hard-working, down-to-earth & sociable and willing to help out in what ever way you may need. We do not mind what type of work we do, although we are very practical, love being outdoors and love working with all kinds of animals/people! For us, the most important part of Workaway is meeting new people, learning new skills and understanding what local life is really like. We would love to stay with hosts who have great advice on local attractions and insider top-tips on things to do.
We have been travelling around Northern Thailand, Laos and Cambodia and will shortly be arriving in Java, but have no routes planned for future travel- if you are in need of help and think we would be a good match, please send us a message!
Lizzie and Jonny
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
- COMPUTER AND IT; (we both did a lot of data analysis at uni, Jonny has experience of graphic design, we have both just finished redesigning a brochure for an Eco-Tourism company)
- COOKING AND CLEANING; (we have both worked in luxury ski resort chalets and enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends)
- GARDENING; (we keep our own garden well planted and pruned!)
- CONSERVATION/ECO-PROJECTS; (Lizzie has worked on projects in Cambodia, Malaysia and Turkey, building turtle hatcheries, artificial reefs and conducted sea horse surveys!)
- CUSTOMER SERVICE/HOSPITALITY; (we both have plenty of experience, for example in pubs and holiday resorts)
- PET SITTING; (Jonny has 3 lovely Burmese cats and Lizzie has two emotionally demanding dogs and one very hungry cat!)
- BICYCLE REPAIR AND MAINTAINANCE; (Jonny has recently cycled 4000 miles unsupported across America!)
- SOCIAL MEDIA; (Jonny ran an online cycling blog and trans-American instagram account, we both use social media on a daily basis, we have recently helped to update the social media pages for an Eco-Tourism Workaway and propose a clear structure of posts for the future)
- SCIENCE; (both have graduated with Master's Science degrees from the University of Cambridge)
- WORKING OUTDOORS; (we both live in the British countryside and a range of experience from dry stone walling to hedge laying)
- GEOLOGICAL FIELDWORK; (Jonny has conducted expeditions and made maps in places such as Tanzania, Iceland, Scotland and Spain)
- SCUBA DIVING; (Lizzie is a qualified PADI Divemaster)
- YOGA AND MEDIATION; (Lizzie has practised regularly for nearly 3 years and will soon be undertaking her 200-hours teacher qualification!)
English - native
22 & 23
Along with three friends, I recently undertook a 4000mile cycle ride from New York City to San Francisco. Packing tents and our lives up onto our bicycles, we explored mountains, plains, desserts and major cities, meeting many wonderful people along the way!
As well as camping rough, we often used the cycle tourist website called Warmshower (essentially the cycling version of couchsurfing). Staying with these hosts along the route, sharing stories and learning about the area where they live was a highlight of the trip! During our stays we accumulated lots of very good feedback! If your interested you can check out our travel blog here: https://cambridgetransamerica.wordpress.com/blog/
Special dietary requirements
Lizzie prefers to eat vegetarian/vegan food, but is happy to eat a bit of fish/chicken if more convenient!