Indonesia, Israel, Morocco, Spain
01/08/2018 - 31/01/2019
Hey, I am a 21-year old girl born and raised in Brazil within a German family. Having spent 2 gap years traveling in South and North America and Europe before going to university, I got extremely excited about the the educational power the exposure to different contexts can have on both professional and personal development. Having often found I often found traditional education to be rather alienating and disconnected from my own reality and ambitions, I recently decided to drop out of university in order to pursue a personal project: I am currently taking my education into my own hands and designing a system to combine online theoretical learning with practical application through full-time travel and real-world experiences. Thus, I am looking for workaways that will somehow be educational and connected to the skills and understanding I want to develop.
What else... Well, I guess we all love to travel here ;) I am passionate about anything that makes me me feel alive and growing, about meeting new people, interact with different cultures and going on adventures . I also deeply like to dedicate myself entirely to purposes I believe in – be it helping people, protecting the environment or working on projects that somehow do good for the world. When I find those, I am a motivated worker and challenge lover, sometimes an idealist. I love the fact that when transforming and putting our essence in the world out there, we simultaneously allow the worlds essence to recreate our own being on the inside.
I have no problem with spending time on my own and actually enjoy it very much. But I am always grateful when I can be in contact with people, share experiences and philosophy about life. In general, eastern philosophy, education, art, psychology and spirituality are the topics that fascinate me the most, but there is nothing more special to me than hearing and learning about different ideias, realities, points of view, stories….
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
- I am a professional photographer and work with different types of photography (portraiture, food, events, sports). I graduated from a 120-hour photography course at NYFA.
- Teaching languages: I am a TEFL certificate English Teacher (Teaching English as a Foreign Language).
- Music and dance: I have been playing the piano for 8 years and danced ballet for 5 - could teach a little bit of musical theory or dance movements. Would love to learn a new instrument. Love love love to dance to any kind of rhythm.
- Volunteering experience: I volunteered with kids in a Brazilian favela in a NGO (COHCRIC - Sonhar Acordado)
- Healthy cooking: Not really a skill, but I looove cooking. Mum runs an organic and medical garden and researches a lot about health in general, so I have always liked to experiment in the kitchen and create recipes that are not only tasty but healthy as well.
- Sports: I have always loved sports and believe I can help with tasks that ask for physical/outdoor work. Did vaulting (gymnastics on the back of a horse) for 11 years, danced ballet and love to surf, sail, go jogging and trekking/hiking.
- Nature lover: I don’t think that is a skill, but it means it is very easy to make me happy :D just put me close to the ocean, the breeze, a forest, a big mountain or river, and I will be in good mood! Animals included!!! Horses, dogs and monkeys being the favorite ones.
- Easy-going: I might be a bit shy at first, but I usually get over it after short time – think I can be a quiet outgoing, open-minded person that loves to have fun. Not very fond of drinking, but looove going out for dancing!!
Fluent: German, Portuguese and English - Learning: Spanish
German and Brazilian
Favourite authors: Eckhart Tolle, Hermann Hesse, Alan Watts, Paulo Freire
Am not trying to get anywhere specific, but to enjoy every day and appreciate the surprises of life on the way.
Special dietary requirements