Mauritania, Morocco, Portugal, Senegal, Spain
21/04/2019 - 31/07/2019
My name is Yann, I'm a 23-year-old man from Nantes, France. After studying English and German literatures and cultures both at home in France and abroad in Germany and in Scotland, I taught French at a high school in England for a year.
I also travelled extensively in Europe, the Middle-East and Asia, with an inclination for alternative ways of travelling, e.g. hitchhiking, Couchsurfing, volunteering, that give me an unrivaled thrill of adventure, but first and foremost enable me more interaction with the locals and thus a better understanding of the places I explore.
I'm now on a journey from France to Senegal by land and sea following the Atlantic coast. I used Workaway a few times during past trips and I hope to do so again in order to become more engaged with local communities and do something useful during my journey.
I'm very keen on photography and writing, feel free to have a look at my website :) http://yannlenzen.com
Hope to meet you soon!
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
- Translating (between French/English/German, but preferably into French or English)
- Teaching languages (French/English/German). During my second year in the UK I taught French at a High School where I developed didactic skills and an ability to work with kids.
- Over the past fewyears I've had a growing passion for photography (mainly street, portrait and documentary) and I'll be happy to work on related projects. Feel free to have a look at my portfolio : http://yannlenzen.com
- I'm slowly getting into filmmaking as well by directing travel videos
- I also worked as a waiter in a restaurant in England and learnt to provide good customer service
- 6 month hotel receptionist experience in Nantes, France
- Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom
- I created my website so I got acquainted with the basics of Wordpress. I'm far from being an expert in that field though!
- Play/teach the guitar
- Organic farm in England with Wwoofing (2013)
- Several music festivals in the UK and in Iceland (2014 - 2016)
- Hostels in Turkey and Georgia : shooting photos for website + general help at reception (2017)
- Organic farm in India (2018)
- School in Nepal teaching English (2018)
- Help shearing sheeps with a nomadic family in Mongolia (2018)
- Gardening in a orchard in Galicia, Spain (2019)
- Taking photos for a surf cafe/hostel in Lagos, Portugal (2019)
Overall I'm interested in a variety of subjects and I'm always happy to learn and share new skills. And I believe I'm a reasonably quick learner ;)
French, English, German, learning Spanish
As I am hitchhiking I can't guarantee a specific arrival date, but I'll do my best to stick to the schedule :)
Special dietary requirements