Hello! I'm David, friendly, easy-going guy from London.
I recently finished a role I had for over 25 years as a software developer for the real estate industry. I'm looking for new challenges that are fun, interesting and rewarding. I like to be productive and enjoy seeing a job well done. I have a wide range of interests: music, opera, cooking, gardening, archaeology, visiting old houses and gardens. I have some renovation experience that I gained working on my own place.
I've seen the incredible work people have put into restoring their old country properties and really want to get involved with this. I love to see unused places with their incredible architecture, packed with history, made good and beautiful again. I'd love to help restoring buildings, gardens, parks, woodlands...
- Computers/websites. I spent over 25 years programming computers for the real estate technology industry and have good knowledge of software like Excel, Word etc. Also experience with creating websites using website builder software
- Gardening skills - raising plants from seed, cuttings - flowers and vegetables
- Cooking, baking, making jams, marmalade, preserves - even Orangecello!
- I worked for 8 years in a theatre where I learnt sewing skills
- I can help with property maintenance & painting and can help on building renovation with assistance/supervision
- Grew up in grandparent's pub and have experience working in bars
- Previous experience working on dairy farm and love animals
Looking for a good cultural exchange with the opportunity to improve my French.
This will be my first Workaway experience and I'm looking forward to meeting you!
Special dietary requirements
None - I love food of all sorts!