I am currently
Activities i am interested in:
My goal is to visit 100 countries. I am a foodie. I post my Top 10 pictures on Facebook weekly. I am also learning to vlog on youTube - check me out on Diane's Detours!
My next destination:Norway - from Sep 2020 until Sep 2022 View all
I like to contribute and feel like I've made a difference no matter how small or minor the contribution might be. Travel is important to me and I like to visit and experience new people and places. My enjoyment comes from living different lifestyles and places. I have lived in large cities and that's ok but I am happiest in nature settings.
Skills and knowledge I'd like to share or learn
I'm interested in:DIY and building projectsGeneral MaintenanceHospitality/TourismEco Projects
Some knowledge of:GardeningCreating/ Cooking family mealsLife at a FarmstayHelping around the houseAnimal CareCharity WorkLanguage practiceHelping with Computers/ InternetTeaching
More details about your skills
I have taken an early retirement to travel the world and experience new lifestyles. Reflecting on some of the skills I've acquired over the years include:
- General homeowner items including: Cleaning, painting, yardwork, weeding, and cooking creative meals.
- Rented out rooms in home on Airbnb
- Raised 3 boys
- Volunteer work at a chimpanzee sanctuary which included kitchen shifts, kitchen training for new volunteers, tour guide, facilities and grounds work and chimp assistant (supervised)
- Handler for 15 Rottweilers at a Romanian dog breeder
- Fostered 2 rescue hound dogs and adopted them out
- Dog sitting for friends and family including service dogs in training
- Morning farm animal chores: Chickens, horses, goats, sheep, rabbit, pigs
FARM (from workaways)
- Preseason vineyard help
- Morning animal chores
- Garden work
- Sold items online using Facebook Marketplace, OfferUp, Craiglist, eBay
- Software support
- Native English speaker: TEFL / TESOL certified. Teaching experience.
What else ...
I am beginning vlog posts on YouTube: https://youtu.be/jYyyNKW5Jvw
I also like to photo places I visit on Facebook.
Some more information
Minimal seasonal allergies
Special dietary requirements
No. I am content with either an omnivore or vegetarian diet
There were three other volunteers already at the center when I arrived so the normal accomodations were max'd out. I was fortunate to participate in local life and live with three local families during
My daily tasks included helping to clean the barn and watering plants. There were many
the students natalia and I will miss you and wish you to continue enjoying colombia,
your experience here with us was amazing, you made many friends