01/04/2020 - 30/09/2021
My name is Ewa. If I would have to describe myself in three words I would say that I am positive, curious, and open-minded. But I would rather say more because I am also talkative ;)
Where am I now?
In France: speaking French, discovering all of the bakeries, cheese shops, and distinguishing the differences in the wines regions. Besides that, I work as a nanny (1 child almost 2 years old) and as a cook in a small company where I am independent while cooking for 15-20 people.
Where I would like to be?
That's a good question! Somewhere where's warm! And where's the sea! This year I did a couple of theoretical courses to begin the adventure of sailing. And this is what I am searching for this summer season. Someone who will be willing to teach me how to sail in exchange for my hard work and good humor :)
More of my life experience:
I grown-up in a middle-sized polish town had a chance to be firstly scout then scout leader for 9 years. That gave me experience in leading the children (ages mostly 12-18), organizing trips, camps, events (up to 200 people), fundraising, taking part in various courses (first aid, children development, etc.).
After that moved to Cracow to study fashion design and follow with my other passion which is sewing.
Eager to see the world was stronger than eager to have a stable life so after studies I moved to the USA for one year to take part in an au pair exchange. I have lived with an American family, improved my English skills, and in the free time besides traveling and making new friends I also had a chance to volunteer as elderly help and afterward in the eco-farm in Hawaii.
Later I was living in Poland again and working in the tourism sector - mostly as a guide for international travelers, preparing personalized tours and leading them but also leading group tours and working in the tour operator company in the office.
Covid turned my life plans upside down, so instead of a long trip to Asia, I ended up in France, where I am until now.
Good people, good humor, nice places! Covid thought me a bit about how to be a traveler even in the place you live. I practice yoga, develop my language and cooking skills.
Hope we could meet each other and make some great memories together! :)
- good organizational skills (planning and organizing events)
- ability to lead the group (work as a tour guide)
- managing the hostel (reception desk, reservation channels, work with the customers)
- experienced in tourism (worked in hostel and 3 different company managing group tours - both as a guide and in the office)
- making art and crafts – sewing, painting, drawing, photography (based on my college Fashion Designer diploma)
- helping in the kitchen, cleaning, helping with maintenance (Voluntary service in Slovenia)
- childcare experience (scout leader, worked as an au pair in the USA and in France)
- the ability to work physically and on the farm (worked at harvesting grapes and on the farm while volunteering in Hawaii)
- cooking skills (currently working as a cook for 15-20 people)
Previous voluntary services:
- Voluntary service in the mountain hat in Slovenia - helping in the kitchen, cleaning, helping with guests
- Voluntary service in the sustainable farm in Hawaii - helping in the garden and the house, maintaining the greenhouse, helping with animals.
- Elderly care in the States - spending time on talking, playing games, sharing meals
More details about my language interests
This workawayer has indicated that they would be interested in sharing their language(s) or learning a new language. You can contact them directly to discuss this.
Special dietary requirements