Australia, Indonesia, New Zealand, Philippines, Vietnam
12/11/2018 - 30/11/2019
My name is Sara and I am Portuguese. I am an explorer of the world and of myself and I intend to become a more conscious being.
I consider myself happy, fun, creative, friendly, open minded and an woman who enjoys the simplest things in life and appreciates the value of the present moment.
I am passionate about nature, I love beach and love mountain; but I also enjoy antique, historic architecture, live music shows, festivals and other cultural events. I love travelling, photography, art, animals...anything really that can help me expand my mind and understand this crazy world we live in!
I quit my job in 2015 to travel and get to discover the world and whenever possible helping social projects. I have the desire to discover places, meet people, expand my knowledge about cultures and having fun.
I continue to travel and try to understand this beautiful world.
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
• I started working in 1999, in part-time, I wanted to have my own money and help my mother, so I went to work as an event promoter in an exhibition center.
• I spent 6 years at university to take a degree in Management and a Master's degree in Business Management.
• I did a 6 month internship as a marketing assistant.
• Because I wanted to try out other business departments, I was a year as Technical Procurement and Logistics Department in another company.
• These my jobs had been in national companies and I wanted an international company because I also wanted to travel. So I went to work as a Management/Finance Consultant. I worked 2 years traveling with projects in Spain and 4 years in Angola. I specialize in project management; change management; strategic planning; business strategy; team work; financial reports; operational management; process improvement and business process design.
• In 2015, tired of the business world, I decided to apply for a sabbatical year. I wanted to go travel, go explore the world and volunteer.
During these years I did some volunteer work:
• Clara Luna, Puerto Lopez – Ecuador - 2015
I help in kids Club. This is an after school program for youth. The programs focus is to encourage and support literacy in the community and promote the love of reading. As a volunteer I took free reading time with the kids and I participated in a wide range of activities like:
- Art Projects, for encourage creativity, develop motor skills, help in language development, build cultural awareness and, above all, encourage self expression and build confidence.
- Environmental Initiatives educate the kids about their environment and encourages them to act as responsible citizens. Activities with recyclables materials and beach clean-ups!
• The Book Bus, Puerto Lopez – Ecuador - 2015
Visits to schools, taking adventures, dreams and color to kids through the books. Trying to inspire the children to engage with books through assisted reading, creative arts and games.
• Parque Nacional Machalilla, Puerto Lopez – Ecuador - 2015
There are two endangered species of sea turtles nest in Puerto López and it is necessary to monitor the sea turtle nesting by patrolling the Puerto López beach each morning, this was my function. (and I found some nests :) )
• Fundacion José Rivera Chonillo, Puerto Lopez – Ecuador - 2015
This organization strives to improve the lives of children and adults with disabilities through an educational and recreational programming, physiotherapy and speech and friendship. My job was to encourage the taste for art, reading, the excursions, support the living and help their community integration.
• AHHA Education (ex-SOLS 24/7) - Díli, Timor-Leste - 2016
I teaching Portuguese.
• Tale-master - Talespace project - Klang, Malasia - 2016
I helping in workshops for the underprivileged kids; help NGO Grace Community Services with their daily operations (foodbank) and distribute food, clothes to the homeless.
• Thabarwa Centre - Yangon, Myanmar - 2016
I helping the monks collect food in their daily alms round; in the kitchen; with patients in hospital, listening, talking and taking the wheelchair patients to the street; development of a garden project and development of a compost system.
• Shwenadi Monastic School - Kyaubadaung, Myanmar – 2016
I help with the English classes for the monks and students.
• Always Reading Caravan (ARC) - Phrao, Thailand - 2016
The project at ARC focused on increasing the organization's visibility and help in the fundraising. For that, I created some promotional videos and took photos.
• I have a PADI license in open waters.
I willing to help in anything, we are quite flexible on that.
I did not return to my last job. I continue to travel and try to understand and find my place in this beautiful world. 😁
Portuguese, Spanish, English
I already traveled for:
Europe: Portugal, Spain, France, Poland, Czech Republic, Germany.
Africa: Angola, Tunisia, Egypt, Lanzarote.
North America: United States, Mexico, Dominican Republic.
Central America: Costa Rica, Guatemala, Nicaragua.
South America: Ecuador.
Asia: Thailand, Myanmar, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Timor-Leste, Cambodia.
I am responsible, organized and cheerful. I like to be happy, I like to live life intensely without effort, I like to connect with good people of good energies.
My travels are connecting me even more to nature. I seek new ways of living, outside the network, and in the future I intend to live in total communion with nature. I am ready to listen, learn and share knowledge and become more and more a good being!
Special dietary requirements