From: United States
28/12/2018 - 12/04/2019
Hello! My name is Rob and it is a PLEASURE to meet you.
I am originally from Ohio in the United States, and I've always loved traveling. In school, I loved volunteering in many ways (food drives, homeless shelters, local library, fundraisers), academics, as well as playing in the Jazz Band, Marching Band, acting in musicals, singing and dancing in Show Choir, and generally causing a ruckus.
In university, I enjoyed studying business and German, and in my free time I enjoyed Jazz Band, performing at Carnegie Hall with my choir, volunteering for the university and also for a short time for seeing-eye dogs, and creating adventure with friends on a campus with 17,000+ undergraduates.
I received an email during my last year at university that said "Do you want to work in Australia?" I said, "Uhm, yep!" That was in 2014. In 2015, I moved to Brisbane, Australia to work in finance for one of their popular bank and insurance companies in roles specialising in data analysis, corporate communications, and most namely, strategy.
I had the TIME OF MY LIFE in Austraila!!! The plants, animals, and produce blew me away. The beaches and the hiking stole my heart. The people made me laugh, and the way of living is easy-going and extremely peaceful. As you would imagine in a city where the sun shines 71% of the time!
And then, I thought, "This job isn't me. I want to be a poet, a writer, someone who brings people together." So in October 2018 I quit my job in corporate finance to do what I REALLY love! Travelling, poetry, writing, meeting others, and creating communities!
That brings us to now. I am travelling in Europe until approximately April 2019, when I will return home to my family for a time. Between now and April, I make money through my laptop as a writer. I also plan to organise events for poetry and the arts, as well as monetising my vlogging through my YouTube channel. I am on Workaway because it is a splendid way to give back and to be given to, as well as making unforgettable friendships.
I love people, travelling, and listening to the stories of friends and family. I love to share my experiences as well as learn from others. It would be a pleasure to cross paths and benefit one another. Thank you for having a look. :)
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
I have skills in the following areas and I am more than happy to help in these ways:
- Babysitting (1 year experience, plus a heap of experience as an older cousin as well as looking after the children of my friends!)
- Business (3 years' experience in banking and finance as well as a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing)
- Social media consulting (a few months' experience, plus I've held my own social media accounts for 10+ years)
- Writing (10+ years experience, for business, editing, proofreading, poetry, blogs, articles, screenplays, fiction, and resumes)
- Cooking/cleaning (6+ years experience, cooking, preparing, dishwashing, delivering food, catering, hosting, serving, cleaning all rooms of the house)
- Music (10+ years experience singing, playing piano, and saxophone)
- Productivity (2 years experience, coaching others as well as being coached in areas of integrity, productivity, taking action, fighting procrastination, realising your ideas, listening to others, and relationships)
English and German
Here are my accounts to parouse at your leisure:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Sgtpepperhimself
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/_probablydancing/
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzpm3eku4JoT6lcuQt_ZMlw
I am slightly allergic to cats but if you have cats, it is no problem for me. I just can't pet them a lot. :)
Special dietary requirements