From: United States
08/01/2020 - 27/03/2020
Hello! My name is Rob and it is a PLEASURE to meet you!
I am originally from Ohio in the United States, and I've always loved traveling. In school, I often found myself volunteering (babysitting, food drives, homeless shelters, local library, fundraisers), as well as enjoying academics, Jazz Band, Marching Band, acting in musicals, singing and dancing in Show Choir, and generally being a massive charismatic goofball.
In university, I enjoyed studying business and German, and in my free time I enjoyed Jazz Band, performing at Carnegie Hall with my choir in NYC, volunteering for the university to provide tours and development advice to first-year students and also for a short time for seeing-eye dogs, and creating plenty of adventures with friends on a campus with 17,000+ undergraduates.
I received an email during my last year at university that said "Do you want to work in Australia?" I said, "Uhm, yep!" That was in 2014. In 2015, I moved to Brisbane, Australia to work in finance for one of their popular bank and insurance companies. I specialized in data analysis, corporate communications, and most namely, strategy.
I had the TIME OF MY LIFE in Austraila!!! The plants, animals, and produce blew me away. The beaches and the hiking stole my heart. The people made me laugh, and the way of living is easy-going and extremely peaceful. As you would imagine in a city where the sun shines 71% of the time!
And then, I thought, "This job isn't me. I want to be a poet, a writer, someone who brings people together." So in October 2018 I quit my job in corporate finance to do what I REALLY love! Travelling, poetry, writing, meeting others, and creating communities!
That brings us to now. After traveling in Europe from Jan-April 2019, I am doing so AGAIN from Jan-April 2020 and it is such a blast. I currently am a writer, editor and digital marketing specialist for a number of clients and I love what I do.
I am on Workaway because it is a splendid way to give back and to be given to, as well as making unforgettable friendships.
I love people, travelling, and listening to the stories of friends and family. I love to share my experiences as well as learn from others. It would be a pleasure to cross paths and benefit one another. Thank you for having a look. :)
I have skills in the following areas and I am more than happy to help in these ways:
- Au pair/Babysitting (1.5 year's experience, plus lots of experience working with highschool and university students as well as an older cousin as well as looking after the children of my friends!)
- Business (3 years' experience in banking and finance as well as a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing)
- Social media consulting (a few months' experience, plus I've held my own social media accounts for 10+ years)
- Writing (10+ years experience, for business, editing, proofreading, poetry, blogs, articles, screenplays, fiction, and resumes)
- Cooking/cleaning (6+ years experience, cooking, preparing, dishwashing, delivering food, catering, hosting, serving, cleaning all rooms of the house)
- Music (10+ years experience singing, dancing, playing piano, and playing saxophone)
- Productivity (2 years experience, coaching others as well as being coached in areas of integrity, productivity, taking action, fighting procrastination, listening to others, and having effective relationships in life)
Here are my social accounts, should you be interested. :)
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Sgtpepperhimself
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/_probablydancing/
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzpm3eku4JoT6lcuQt_ZMlw
I am slightly allergic to cats but if you have cats, it is no problem for me. I just can't pet them a lot. :)
Special dietary requirements
I have no allergies or dietary requirements! I'll eat most anything!