From: United States
Albania, Armenia, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Denmark, Finland, Greece, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kosovo, Norway, Serbia, Sweden, United Kingdom
28/05/2019 - 12/04/2020
I’m a retired engineer, started volunteering works through world travelings since 2010. My journeys allowed me to reach and connect with people, together we worked, we shared, we learned from each other, and we become part of a global community.
*️️️️️️️️️️️Helped hosts' business with photography & video, web design, computer work, technical or commercial language translation (English & Mandarin)
*️️️️️️️️️️️Taught English & Mandarin in the school classroom environment and tutoring in private homes
*️️️️️️️️️️️Cooked and taught hosts how to cook delicious Asian food with health-conscious
*️️️️️️️️️️️Helped hosts with organic farming and taking care of animals. Back home, we grow organic gardens as well
*️️️️️️️️️️️Helped hosts organizing and clean spaces.
I love outdoor hiking, biking, mountain climbing, yoga, meditation, swimming, group dancing. I love cooking with healthy conscious; strive to keep myself physically and mentally active and fit.
Married for 30 plus years, my husband loves to stay home playing his piano at least 6 hours a day, while I wish to travel as much as possible :)
Since I was being asked too often about my photography.
Currently, I use Pixiset App to share my photography with people who shared their lifestyles with me. I would always give away my photos for free for cultural exchanges.
My Couchsurfing site: https://www.couchsurfing.com/people/portland
My photography website: http://lilyd83.wix.com/lilyd (inactive, but you can take a peek)
My FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/YourPhotographerLily (inactive due to my traveling in remote places)
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
Photography and editing, Computer, Web Design, Teaching Languages, Cooking, Gardening, Farming, Art Project.
Here are some highlights of the works I had done through my journeys and or at home.
- Photographed for NGO's and unprivileged people in India since 2010-2017
- Sailing photography job on the Mediterranean Sea 2012
- Taught English in the language school in Japan for 3 months 2013
- Taught English in Muslim schools in Indonesia twice from 2014 to 2015
- Photography and web design for three small businesses owners in Australia 2014
- Had a cooking job on Majorca island, Spain, and organic farming and cooking in South France 2014
- Photographed for elephants jungle sanctuary in Thailand 2015
- Harvest job in Canada, learning sustainable farming in Idaho, USA 2015
- Homestay for cultural exchange in an old mining town, Wales; Warsaw, Poland, and Kolkata, India 2016
- Photography and video projects, plus taught English class for a French culinary school for one month 2017
- Worked for a handmade roof tiles production and homestay near Sibiu, Romania 2017
- Worked on an organic farm on the Greek Island Evia 2017
- Taught Mandarin classes in elementary school, summer camp, and tutoring at private homes in Portland, OR USA 2017-2019
- A photography project in Stockholm, Sweden for one month 2019
- Au pair experience near Venice, Italy with a multi-racial family for two weeks 2019
- A remote village life experience in Bulgarian. Water shortage, power flaky, no steady internet, complete live in nature. 2019
- Worked in Kutch, Gujarat India as a photographer, video and movie maker. India 2019
- Worked in a honey bee farm in Japan in the September 2019
Special dietary requirements