30/11/2017 - 26/11/2020
I'm a calm and most of the time relaxed person with a passion for languages and travelling. I'm interested in sustainable and self-sufficient ways of living. While travelling, I would like to learn and experience new things. At the moment, besides improving my Greek, I'm eager to learn about permaculture and/or ecologic building with natural materials.
About myself: I was born and raised and Vienna (Austria), but I've spent several years abroad, studying, working, or "just" travelling. I'm a linguist with a special focus on language learning and have worked as a teacher for German as a foreign language in Austria, France, Poland and Colombia.
After finishing my PhD thesis (which I spent the previous years on) in September 2017, I decided to take another timeout and explore the world while learning new things. I spent three months travelling and workawaying around Crete, where I had an amazing time... So amazing that I want my life to keep going this way, as there is still so much to experience...
I'm rather new here, so I don't have many references to show. However, you might look at my Couchsurfing profile, which I used to use a lot in previous travels, if you want to read some opinions of other people: https://www.couchsurfing.com/people/phaeno
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Help with Computers / internet
- General help in the house / maintenance / cleaning - whatever is needed, I've done it all my life in my own place ;-)
- Gardening: I love plants, and am very interested in growing my own food. Unfortunately, as I lived in a city apartment most of my life, I could only gain little experience on my windowsill and some friend's garden.
- Animal care: I love animals, too and I'd like to take care of them. However, I do not want to participate in any kind of activities aiming at them to be eaten.
- Language practice: I'm a linguist and a professional language teacher, I have taught German as a foreign language for many years, mainly to students at University level but also to young children, and migrants;
- I may help with other languages I speak as well; I also used to study with my niece who is home-schooled;
- Work with children (have experience as both a babysitter and a teacher for pre- and primary-school children
- Cooking!! - I love to cook (and to eat)
- Help and advice with computer related things, such as using office applications, social media / web presence. I used to give computer classes to elderly people, too.
- Help you with academic/professional issues (academic writing, proof reading of any kind of texts, applications,....)
Fluent in German, English, Spanish, and French; some basic knowledge of Italian, Polish, Czech; now learning Modern Greek
I'm interested in various kinds of work, not only within the skills I already have. I'm especially keen on learning new things, too. As for the moment, I would be pretty interested in either participating in some gardening/farming activity in order to learn more about permaculture or learn to dive.
I'm fluent in German, English, Spanish and French, which makes it easy for me.to communicate with people with various linguistic backgrounds. I also managed to acquire some basic knowledge of Greek in the past few months.
As I'd like to improve my Greek, I would very much appreciate staying with greek speaking people.
Special dietary requirements