From: United Kingdom
03/01/2019 - 03/01/2020
Hello, We are Lewis and Nicole :)
Lewis is 27 years old and Nicole is 25 years old. We have been together over 7 years; we met during our sixth form studies when we both worked at fast food chain KFC 9 years ago.
We began our round the world trip on 3 January 2019. After years of talking about travelling we finally decided to bite the bullet, we requested career breaks with our companies and rented our home out in Manchester, UK.
Our first stop was India where we spent 6 weeks, exploring the north and south. Since then we have also visited Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Singapore, Indonesia, Qatar and Madrid (we took a huge detour to watch Liverpool in the Champions League final).
Lewis is a hard working, passionate Chartered Accountant with 7 years experience. Nicole is a dedicated, ambitious Dispensing Optician with 6 years experience.
Although our jobs are city based we love the outdoors, which is one of many reasons we have chosen to travel. We are a very sociable couple and love meeting new people; we want to experience new cultures and ways of life. At the time of writing this we have been travelling for 5 months and love it. We have done and seen some incredible things, however up to now our trip has mainly consisted of visiting major tourist attractions, we wanted more from this trip than just the ‘usual’. We would love to be able to live a new experience, such as living with a local and helping them with daily activities, a special project or whatever they require.
Learning any new skill would be amazing but we would particularly like to develop our skill set within
- Teaching children basic English and life skills
- Sustainable tourism
We look forward to meeting new people, hopefully that's you!
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
- Gardening (landscaping, mowing, planting)
- Basic DIY skills (painting/decorating, building furniture, building decking)
- Retail sales, stock control and merchandising
- Nicole has 6 nieces and nephews so has child care experience
- Nicole is DBS certified and works with children
- Nicole is first aid and defibrillator trained
- Basic IT skills (Lewis is highly trained in various accounting software packages Xero, Quickbooks, Sage, IRIS, etc.)
- Nicole is social media savvy
- Collaborative leadership skills
- Waiting on in busy environment
- Cash handling
- Nicole has had training on dealing with people with dementia
- Lewis has some experience preparing and reviewing business proposals
25 & 27
- We are both massive sports fans, in particular Liverpool FC (don't hold it against us!) :)
- Nicole is the captain of her rounders team and also plays Netball
- Lewis plays football but not that well :)
- We love a wide variety of music from Pop/Indie to Hip hop and Rock!
- Although we may not necessarily always have the particular skillset you require, we are very keen fast learners
We cannot wait to hear from you :)
Special dietary requirements