From: United Kingdom
Finland, France, Greece, Italy, Spain, Sweden
05/08/2019 - 30/08/2019
I am a secondary school teacher (ages 11 to 17) and a middle leader (deputy head of the science department) who is passionate about science and its teaching. I also have a background in scientific research with a PhD in theoretical neuroscience and biophysics. My aspiration is to teach and work in challenging contexts, where I can make a difference to young people’s lives and have greater impact on social mobility.
I am a positive, creative and conscientious individual who looks for the good in everyone and in every situation. As a teacher, my strength lies in quickly developing positive relationships with students and using my subject and pedagogical knowledge to explain complex ideas in simple terms. As a school leader, I excel in building productive teams and bringing the best out of everyone I work with.
I like travelling, learning new ideas and meeting new people from diverse cultures and contexts. I love music (regularly sing with a choir), films and reading for pleasure. I am also a fit and active person who enjoys running, rock climbing and badminton.
I am looking to use my summer holidays to travel within Europe, to meet and work with dedicated people and to share ideas, hopes and aspirations with them.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
I am a fully qualified teacher working in a state school in London as:
1. Physics/science teacher - delivering engaging and practical science lessons to students of ages 11-17
2. Deputy head of the science department - working together with a team of 15 teachers towards delivering academic progress for our 1500 students
3. Head of physics - ensuring quality of teaching and assessment as well as the delivery of practical resources for experiments
4. Head of STEM (science, technology, engineering and maths) Education - organising hands-on activities and exciting trips for our students to experience science in an applied context, outside the classroom
My education and training profile includes the following:
1. BSc Hons in Physics (Cambridge University)
2. MSc in Theoretical Physics (Imperial College London)
3. MSc in Mathematical Biology and Biophysical Chemistry (Warwick University)
4. PhD in Theoretical Neuroscience and Biophysics (Warwick University)
5. Fully Qualified teacher status for Science and Physics (via Researchers in School Programme for doctorates)
6. I am also currently on an NPQML (national professional qualification for middle leaders) leadership programme
I am fluent in English and Urdu
Special dietary requirements