No countries selected
01/02/2017 - 31/12/2022
Hello, I'm Mirale, from the Netherlands. A couple of years ago I decided to go travel through Europe by volunteering via workaway. The mix of working and staying in the most beautiful rural sites and visiting great towns at times off: I loved it. On beforehand I thought I was a 'city-person', but now I know better: I love hiking and being in the middle of nowhere. So far I worked in some hotels in Spain, on organic farms in Austria, took care of sheep, rabbits, chickens, dogs and cats, and picked olives in Greece. I found out that I really like working with animals, taking care and just be around them!
After two years I quit my workaway subscription but kept on travelling, I did lots of pet sitting, volunteered in several hostels in Scotland, and took a restaurant job in Scotland for the season. Now I'm back on workaway, for it's still the best way to travel for me!
I am considerate, reliable and responsible, also very easy-going and flexible. I can be a good assistant in all sorts of work.
- I have a lot of experience in hospitality; volunteered in hotels and hostels: I cleaned (bath)rooms, made beds, did laundry and ironing etc.
- I have a lot of experience with waitressing in restaurants
- I am good with animals, I like to take care of them, from cleaning out stables to feeding, petsitting, walking the dogs, playing, etc.
- I worked a lot in wilderness gardens; weeding, digging, making terraces, etc. To see the difference at the end of the day is very rewarding.
- I painted doors, windows, tables, benches, etc.
More details about my language interests
This workawayer has indicated that they would be interested in sharing their language(s) or learning a new language. You can contact them directly to discuss this.
Special dietary requirements
I gratefully eat whatever meal is prepared for me, however I prefer to eat vegetarian and when I have to cook myself, I don't use meat.